cjhunsinger profile image 68

Are many Christians really just Pagans? Pope Francis thinks so.

Since Christianity is, essentially, a pagan belief, it is about time that the Catholic Church began to recognize that fact. Not all those who claim to be Christians really are, said Pope Francis Friday morning. Some are Christians “in name only,” he said. “They bear the name of Christians but live a life of pagans.” The Pope had some test questions that one could ask himself, that could reveal the Paganized Christian. “How much worldliness is in me? How much paganism?” “Do I like to brag? Do I like money? "Where are my roots, and where is my citizenship? In heaven or on earth?”

bethperry profile image88

bethperry says

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

beth--Your version of Paganism is referred to as neopaganisn and really has nothing to do with it's roots. Religion in ancient Greece, Ancient Roman religion, Hellenistic religion and Roman imperial cult were considered Pagan are those roots. of m

Mega Galatic profile image60

Melanie Sumpter (Mega Galatic) says

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

Mega--I believe you are right, but then in my 70+ years that is pretty much how it has always been. I would like to think otherwise. Religion, for most, is like a stick of chewing gum, the flavor is quickly lost.