jlpark profile image 90

Looking at both sides of your beliefs - have you tried it?

I came across this quote (in pic), and it resonated with me a lot - I try to do this, but in complete honesty, I don't manage it with as much as I'd like. I'm going to give it a go though. But I'd like to ask - atheists, religious alike - have any of you tried it? Or have you been warned not to look at the other side? I welcome all answers (but please do not answer 'on behalf' of the other side and why they may not have)

Say Yes To Life profile image85

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Good for you, SayYes. Sorry you had to experience the cult like you did, but i think you've provided food for thought with your answer - thanks.

Robert the Bruce profile image60

Robert the Bruce says

• Joseph O Polanco profile image

Joseph O Polanco 2 years ago

If I may ask, which of Christ's beneficent teachings did you come to doubt?

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Thanks for your answer Christin. The 'fear' thing is one of my biggest problems - it feels too much like an abusive relationship to be anything like a loving god - but I'm looking at both sides still!

• Say Yes To Life profile image

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) 2 years ago

"My views of Christianity have changed a thousand times or more. I'm not sure I'm a Christian anymore." This is PROFOUND! Pastor Howard Storm used to be an angry atheist, until he learned through his NDE that the only true religion is Love.

Austinstar profile image78

Austinstar says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Thanks for your answer Austin. I particularly like your last paragraph - you are correct there - without education, the world remains stagnant.

The0NatureBoy profile image71

Elijah A Alexander Jr (The0NatureBoy) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

interesting thoughts The0. Thanks for sharing your answer.

• Robert the Bruce profile image

Robert the Bruce 2 years ago

And there, folks, is the "catch-all" escape hatch for Christianity's decline: If someone were TRULY saved, they would never leave the faith. This is a fine example of the "No True Scotsman" logical fallacy: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/No_True_Scotsm