Are the lives of our sons and daughters in uniform worth the Freedom for our nation?

Having served in the military for a number of years I know what it's like to serve my country. I understood the risk we take as members of the Armed Forces. I knew the risk of being sent to war or in other forms of harms way. But when my own sons reached that age in which they could serve I was more scared for them than I ever was for myself. In order for our nation to remain free, someone has to serve.

tsadjatko profile image89

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

graceinus 2 years ago

Tsad- Thanks for your comment. The following is my Dad's quote, " Only an idiot would look forward to war, but should war come we're going to need a lot of smart."

Our elected officials seem to be missing the "smart" part.

Rich kelley profile image61

Rich Kelley says

graceinus 2 years ago

Rich- Thanks for your comment. I realize reasons for enlisting in the Armed Forces will vary from person to person. And I agree with you on many of your points. I can't help but wonder how much more bad off this nation would be if no one served.