kuttingxedge profile image 84

Does the Qur'an, openly or 'between the lines', incite violence from it's followers?

If interpretation is going to be your answer, then I ask how do groups with no connections to each other, on different continents, receive the same message of violence?

arksys profile image92

Irfan (arksys) says

• kuttingxedge profile image

S.P. Kelly (kuttingxedge) 2 years ago

This is a great answer. I know that killing is a part of the Qur'an's instructions for those that turn away from the 'truth', but it seems that modern Muslims choose to interpret that as an antiquated directive while the extremists take it literally.

willrodgers profile image79

willrodgers says

• kuttingxedge profile image

S.P. Kelly (kuttingxedge) 2 years ago

I won't purchase the DVD but it is an interesting standpoint. I think I already believe that Muslims are deeply entrenched in our institutions and I'm okay with that, after all this is America. Having radicals in positions of power is something else.

Frank Menchise profile image18

Francesco Menchise (Frank Menchise) says

• arksys profile image

Irfan (arksys) 2 years ago

I would suggest you read the English version translated by Mufti Taqi Usmani. he is a scholar who is alive today, and has written it in a language we can easily understand.

Quranexplorer.com > Quran > select Taqi Usmani from the translation li