Does it matter to you if Jesus's skin color was Black or White?

I am so sick and tired of people making a issue out of what color Jesus was or what color were the twelve tribes of Israel or if God is black or white. For me, I personally I DON'T CARE what color any of them were or are. There is no verses in the bible that I know of that makes an "issue" out of skin color of people in the bible. So why do people who are suppose to be believers make an issue out of it?

Edward J. Palumbo profile image91

Best Answer Ed Palumbo (Edward J. Palumbo) says

Chriswillman90 profile image93

Krzysztof Willman (Chriswillman90) says

graceinus 2 years ago

Chriswilliam90- Thanks for your answer.

PlanksandNails profile image90

PlanksandNails says

graceinus 2 years ago

PandN- Thanks for your answer. I believe most who have provided their answer have pretty much said the same thing. If one is in the body of Christ then race should be a non-issue as I'm sure it was a non-issue at the beginning of the ekklesia.

tsadjatko profile image90

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

graceinus 2 years ago

Thank you for your comment. In all my years of studying the bible I have never read a chapter or verse that made issue of one's race, have you? Again thanks for commenting.

bradmasterOCcal profile image81

bradmasterOCcal says

graceinus 2 years ago

BradmasterOCcal- Thanks for your comment. For those who think it matters, then you have missed the whole point of why God sent Jesus to us in the first place. God's Kingdom is for anyone who seeks after it regardless of the color you've been given.

cbl12 profile image88

cbl12 says

graceinus 2 years ago

cbl12- Thank you very much for your comment. I agree, in my opinion it's the charcter and perfection of Jesus that is most important. The color of His skin is a non-issue.

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

Well I never heard anyone use Michael Jackson to support a theological viewpoint, but you are right on peachpurple! Embrace Jesus, His book, and don't judge Him by his cover (color) :-)

willbelove profile image60

Rodric Johnson (willbelove) says

• Rich kelley profile image

Rich Kelley 2 years ago

His shed blood was red much like ours only His wasn't tainted with sin.

• Rich kelley profile image

Rich Kelley 2 years ago

John 4:9 Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.

I suspect that Christ looked like a Jew that He was and the Samaritan women saw.