Perspycacious profile image 74

As a Christian, is there a difference between a testimony of Christ and conversion?

To me a testimony of Jesus Christ is a belief that Christ is the son of God, but conversion or being converted means that you have not only been baptized by one having the authority to baptize, but that you have committed your life to keeping the commandments of Christ and living your life so as to be more and more like him in every possible way. Many acknowledge that Jesus is The Christ, while far fewer seem to strive to live Christ-like lives. Does a difference between "having a testimony of Christ" and "being converted to Christianity" have that same distinction in your mind?

Snøwman profile image61

Best Answer Snøwman says

Twilight Lawns profile image87

Twilight Lawns says

• Perspycacious profile image

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) 2 years ago

I agree that I should have said "the commandments taught by Jesus Christ."

MizBejabbers says

• Perspycacious profile image

More than just semantics, however, a person may be called "a Christian" and even believe they are a Christian, but without being born again a "new man" in daily practicing the Christian faith, their life cannot bear testimony of actual conversion.

Sojourner1234 profile image83

John Marshall (Sojourner1234) says

Lady Guinevere profile image59

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 years ago

Where and when did He communicate this: " He also said that FAITH is not in a church or a church or in a book or book of books but in yourself." I like it and want to know the source.

Perspycacious profile image74

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) says

• celafoe profile image

charlie (celafoe) 2 years ago

Amen to Rich.

• Perspycacious profile image

I think that is a great and accurate set of distinctions. It allows that a person could have, even bear, a testimony about Jesus Christ and not be a convert to Christianity for their failure to live a Christian life.

celafoe profile image60

charlie (celafoe) says

• Sojourner1234 profile image

John Marshall (Sojourner1234) 2 years ago

I think you have become distracted by taking issue with the Church. The main issue is not the baptizer, but the Church often has baptisms done by church leadership. Scripture says Christ is the Head of the Church. The Church is the Bride of Christ.

tony mcnaughton profile image60

tony mcnaughton says

• Perspycacious profile image

There are four gospels: the gosel according to...., according to...., etc. From them collectively we know what Jesus Christ meant when He said to "be even as I am." I feel I have been told to live my life that way in order that I can know Him.