PhoenixV profile image 79

Who Do You Think Wrote The Epistle to the Hebrews?

Who do you think was the author of the Book of Hebrews, in the New Testament? And, what are the reasons why you believe they are the author?

lambservant profile image94

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• john000 profile image

John R Wilsdon (john000) 2 years ago

"Although a few people today believe Paul wrote Hebrews, such as theologian R.C. Sproul, contemporary scholars generally reject Pauline authorship." Besides, Pauline never would have authored such a text in the 2nd century. It was a sexist time. (:

lawrence01 profile image88

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

• PhoenixV profile image

PhoenixV 2 years ago

Is there an example of Apollos' writings, we could compare to? When you say the Holy Spirit authored the book, you mean the Bible in general or the book of Hebrews specifically?

Joseph O Polanco profile image54

Joseph O Polanco says

The0NatureBoy profile image74

Elijah A Alexander Jr (The0NatureBoy) says

• PhoenixV profile image

PhoenixV 2 years ago

I wanted to explore the ideas of other possible writers than what has normally and historically been offered. For instance, does Ecclesiastes sound like Hebrews?

PhoenixV profile image79

PhoenixV says

• The0NatureBoy profile image

Elijah A Alexander Jr (The0NatureBoy) 2 years ago

I would not think the Old Testament Elijah and I don't believe Michael would have. The story of the OT Elijah was not written by him is why I don't believe he would be; no Biblical record of Michael except as an arch angel and they don't write.

Who Wrote The Book Of Hebrews?79

Who Wrote The Book Of Hebrews?

SirDent says

• PhoenixV profile image

PhoenixV 2 years ago

Hebrews makes mention of Timothy in Hebrews 13:23. I like your reasoning and if I thought that Hebrews may have had a coauthor, possibly, Timothy would be someone to consider. I like you are open to the possibility of Timothy. LeaveNostoneunturned

Rich kelley profile image60

Rich Kelley says

• lawrence01 profile image

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) 2 years ago

Knowing who wrote a book can tell us a lot about where and why it was written.

As for John's Gospel he clearly identifies himself as the Apostle John (John 21 verse 24 and the last supper discourse)