For those who believe the Bible is the infallible word of God, regarding Hebrews 10:26-27 ...

What exactly does the following scripture mean to you? "For if we go on deliberately and willingly sinning after once acquiring the knowledge of the Truth, there is no longer any sacrifice left to atone for [our] sins [no further offering to which to look forward." (Hebrews 10:26-27) Does this mean that every time we sin, we have to go and be saved again? Does this only apply if we turn completely away from the Lord God and deny He is Lord? It is a bit puzzling to me, for I know Jesus said, "It is finished" and that His blood and what he went through on that cross and He rose, covered me.

lawrence01 profile image88

Best Answer Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

Lawrence, what an insightful answer here! Yes, He fulfilled the law and we now have a new covenant. Nothing can take away what He did on that cross for us. We are sealed in the Lamb's book of life. Praise Him! And God bless you. In His Love, Faith Re

tsadjatko profile image90

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• Kiss andTales profile image

Kiss andTales 2 years ago

I think you are correct on the subject , I believe this is like a person has lost respect for the value of Jesus blood poured out in our behalf,

It is like you give a person a diamond to only find it laying by the garbage can, and you are shocked !

cam8510 profile image93

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

Hi Chris, I am so happy you have taken time to answer here! I appreciate you sharing how you have understood the teaching. It is interesting to know how each one interprets it, and that you found it simple. God bless

TheHealthGuy LM profile image85

TheHealthGuy LM says

• LadyFiddler profile image

Joanna Chandler (LadyFiddler) 2 years ago

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN. Well said we share the same understanding. Norine is propagating that Judas was saved when Jesus went to the grave when the bible says he is LOST. Indirectly she is calling the word a lie. N If he was saved then satan to is!

Biomedical profile image80

Robert A. Avila, PE, MCE (Biomedical) says

Hi Robert, I was having a discussion on this scripture with my husband, and was curious as to how others may interpret it. Yes, we are a work in progress and He is not through with us. I am happy that His mercies are new each day. Tx, God bless.

Norine Williams says

Hi Norine, You have shared great insight into the scripture here! Yes, praise God for His Grace and Mercy. Salvation is a free gift, and we must repent. I am so glad He knows our hearts. The Holy Spirit immediately convicts me in such matters.

Jackie Lynnley profile image77

Jackie Lynnley says

Thanks Jackie for the great answer! Yes, sin separates us for sure from Him. The ones who intentionally sin day after day without repentance makes me wonder if they were truly saved. We are all sinners no doubt, but intentionally that is dangerous!

Men Are More Responsible for Upholding the Word of God as Truth77

Men Are More Responsible for Upholding the Word of God as Truth

Hi Word, Yes, I have heard that before too. Thank you for sharing that insight. God bless you and yours

word55 profile image77

Word (word55) says

• word55 profile image

Word (word55) 2 years ago

Now, to answer the question in my own words, that scripture means to me that I should not sin willfully. There is a high price to pay for doing that. God has helped me to understand that to sin is to oppose Him, myself, maybe someone else and or othe

savvydating profile image82

savvydating says

LadyFiddler profile image74

Joanna Chandler (LadyFiddler) says

Norine Williams 2 years ago

Lady: It's not our concern re:Judas, but what happened "in the grave?" Jesus being merciful, and Judas knowing Jesus, (for someone had to be "used" to fulfill scripture), .. However, I just "follow Him!"

Rich kelley profile image61

Rich Kelley says

Hi Rich, Thank you for your answer. Yes, "Go and sin no more". Good points make here and insight. God bless you

Kiss andTales profile image22

Kiss andTales says

• LadyFiddler profile image

Wonderful answer Kissadntales :) I love how you put it over.