What was the purpose for the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden IF man had not of fallen?

Let assume for the moment that man had not fallen in sin in the garden of Eden, then what would have been the purpose for the Tree of Life? Would man had lived forever even if they had not sinned and without eating from the Tree of Life? If so, then what was the purpose for the Tree of Life in that time?

Titen-Sxull profile image94

Titen-Sxull says

graceinus 2 years ago

Titen- I'll stick with the bible version and to be honest I do not know what is meant by "motif". I thank you for your answer.

PlanksandNails profile image90

PlanksandNails says

graceinus 2 years ago

PandN- I did not realize the Book of Proverbs had so many verses relating directly to the Tree of Life. I exspected it in Genesis and Revelation but not so much in Proverbs. I learned something new. Thank you for this information. Blessings

krillco profile image95

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

graceinus 2 years ago

William- There is both literal and spiritual aspect to the bible. And understanding of it will be realed through the Holy Spirit whom can reveal what part is literal and which part is spiritual. I don't trust man to give understanding of His word.

GizSleep profile image84

David (GizSleep) says

graceinus 2 years ago

David- Thank you for your answer

celafoe profile image73

charlie (celafoe) says

• Titen-Sxull profile image

Titen-Sxull 2 years ago

Not to start a theological debate but in what way is God's curse on all humanity in Genesis lucky when he could have undid the entire thing and started over?

Edwin Thomas profile image83

Edwin Thomas says

graceinus 2 years ago

Edwin- Unless I'm mistaken I think you are referring to the Tree of Knowledge (of good and evil).