jlpark profile image 83

Why is a 'choice' so well protected?

Our religion (or lack thereof) is a choice which we all make. It has a number of protections, particularly in the US - Freedom of Religion (and from), Indiana's Religious Freedom Laws etc. However, it is a CHOICE - something one has chosen to believe (even if one was "called" to serve God). Religion has been used against numerous different groups - who's members have not chosen their specific difference nor can they change them...Why is a choice so well protected, when impossible to change characteristics are not?

Tusitala Tom profile image62

Best Answer Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

There is the choice to leave it though, even if it takes yrs of research. Thats not an option for those who are having religion used against them for things they cannot change. But I understand where you are coming from. Thank you for your answer.

B. Leekley profile image89

Brian Leekley (B. Leekley) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

Thanks. Your final statement - I agree! That's my issue - a choice that is protected is being used to attempt to legislate on things that aren't choices. If all just rights were protected, it wouldn't be an issue. I'll get bak 2 the rest of yr answer

d.william profile image81

d.william says

DJ Anderson says

cathylynn99 profile image76

cathylynn99 says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 2 years ago

As I said to Tom - there is always the choice to leave it though - something that is NOT an option to those who it's being used against for things they cannot change. I do understand about indoctrination. Thanks for your answer