Why is it that Jesus mentioned only 6 of the 10 Commandments of the OT within the four Gospels?

If you study the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, you will realize that Jesus never mentions all 10 commandments during His ministry. Why? If the 10 Commandment apply to us today wouldn't he have mentioned all 10? And with regards to following the Sabbath, He never tells us as a commandment to follow the Sabbath. The only thing He mentions regarding the Sabbath is " The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. And He stated; " The Son of Man is Lord of the sabbath." To my knowledge "Jesus" never mentions, "Remember the Sabbath" as a commandment during His ministry.

PlanksandNails profile image85

PlanksandNails says

graceinus 2 years ago

PandN- Thank you. In Matthew11:28 Jesus states " Come to Me. all you who labor and are heavyladen, and I will give you rest." 10 verses later Matthew 12:8 Jesus said: "For the Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath. "Our Sabbath rest is in Jesus Christ.

graceinus 2 years ago

Eric- Thanks for your answer. It possible Jesus could have mentioned " Remember th Sabbath" as a commandment to inclued the other three some time within His ministry and it was never writen down within the four gospels. I may have assumed to much.

Rich kelley profile image60

Rich Kelley says

graceinus 2 years ago

Rich- Thank You- The three Jesus never mentioned are:

1 You shall not have any other gods before me,..

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image- any likeness of anything.........

3 You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain...

Joshtheplumber says

graceinus 2 years ago

Joshua- Thanks for your comment. I realize there were many writtings that were not part of the bible. It may be possible Jesus did mention the other 4 remaining commandments some of the 30 gospels you mentioned, but I guess we will never know. Thanks