Perspycacious profile image 79

How do you interpret the meaning of this sentence: "Christ lives."

There seems to be an unnecessary religious debate that centers on the statement "Christ lives." I maintain that it is unnecessary due to the number of scriptures which (1) indicate that He does, (2) that He appeared to His disciples in a touchable body after His resurrection, and (3) the assertion attributed to Stephen that he saw Christ sitting on the right hand of God. There are others as well, and you can probably quote some of them, including Christ's statement that if His disciples had seen Him, they had also seen His Father. Given these considerations, what does the sentence mean to you?

• Perspycacious profile image

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) 21 months ago

Good statement of personal belief. Shorter answers and comments are welcomed too.

MizBejabbers says

• Perspycacious profile image

Just some random thoughts: (1) in the Garden outside the tomb Christ said "touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father; (2) later He told Thomas to touch Him and believe; (3) He also said He would send a Comforter to remind His disciples..

Norine Williams says

Rich kelley profile image62

Rich Kelley says

• Perspycacious profile image

Another random thought: at the last supper Jesus said "But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom." (Matthew 26:29)