Perspycacious profile image 77

Is there a hymn, a Psalm perhaps, that would have been the Passover hymn of the last supper?

In Matthew 26:30 and Mark 14:26 refer to the singing of a hymn by Jesus and His disciples at the last supper. Has there at any time been a traditional hymn sung at the celebration of the Passover? If I were to speculate, I would offer that Psalm 50 would have a reasonable claim to be the essence of that hymn He and they sang so long ago, a line of which is: "Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me."

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

Norine Williams 21 months ago

John: Why wine? Have u read Rm 14:21? Should "ANYTHING" that "causeth one's brother to stumble" be served for Communion?

Norine Williams says