Do you believe a child should have the right to decide whether to get baptist themselves?

At the west a child is baptist at birth. But in my opinion a person should have the right not to have religion practice for upon them against their will. So, I always say, if I have kids, I would not baptist them at birth, instead, after they turn 18, they can choose to get baptist if they want to. But I am not going to baptist them, as a baby and I will not force them to get baptist. And I am not going to force them to go to church or read a bible, if they don't want to. And when they have children, I expect my children to do the same as me, with their kids.

gmwilliams profile image88

Best Answer Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

peter565 2 years ago

Thanks for the answer. What got me thinking about this question is a few years ago, an old friend's (well more like an old flame) child got baptists. And got me thinking about what if I have a child myself. Funny, that girl her name is Grace too.

lisavollrath profile image96

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says