No where in the bible that I know of does it state that we are to love the Holy Spirit, why not?

I find it interesting that the bible does not inclued love towards the Holy Spirit. However, the Holy Spirit is inclued when we are baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit. Unless I have missed some verse in the bible the states otherwise, the bible never mentions that we are also to love the Holy Spirit. I find this to be very interesting issue. Can anyone provide an answer that may explain it or provide a verse that I may have over looked?

PlanksandNails profile image88

Pn'N (PlanksandNails) says

Norine Williams 17 months ago

P&N: Didn't get ur comment! Email me! norinewilliams4035@att.net.

graceinus 17 months ago

Eric-I don't think any one person can realize the full scope of the Holy Spirit. But it was our Lord Jesus Christ who sent the Holy Spirit to guides us into all truths and helps us as we seek the Kingdom of God. And Im thankful for this. Thanks you.

Perspycacious profile image80

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) says

• Perspycacious profile image

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) 17 months ago

4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

importantopinions profile image78

Maria DC Santiago (importantopinions) says

• Kiss andTales profile image

Kiss andTales 14 months ago

Perfect words thank you for sharing it, these are words Jesus

was teaching his disciples, if you can not love who you see, you can not love God who you do not see. Happy to hear your comments.

JLauren Angel profile image78

J Lauren Scott (JLauren Angel) says

• Rich kelley profile image

Rich Kelley 17 months ago

"The triune is and always will be part of the Christian world."

True, and part of the reason Jesus will say He never knew you, Spiritual Babylon has many such man made doctrines. I'll leave you to find the truth of scripture instead of man's teaching

Jordan Travis profile image83

Jordan Travis says

• Jordan Travis profile image

Jordan Travis 17 months ago

I can definitely see the argument, and at an impasse, we will agree to disagree. Great "debate!"

youmeget profile image78

youmeget says

• PlanksandNails profile image

Pn'N (PlanksandNails) 17 months ago

The Trinity is not in the Bible. The Father says, "there is no God besides Me" (Deuteronomy 32:39), but the false doctrine of the Trinity declares there are two others who are God too in direct violation of His very own words.

Synclesian profile image60

Synclesian says

graceinus 17 months ago

Synclesian. Thank you for your comment. I will not assume you are correct, however, I will study further regarding your comment. Please note that I have not heard of the term you used "Lord Spirit". I will study this further and see what comes of it.

AshlyChristen profile image61

Ashly Christen (AshlyChristen) says

Troy C. profile image61

Troy Wilkerson (Troy C.) says

graceinus 17 months ago

Troy- thank you for your answer, however, being baptized with the Holy Spirit is not the same; I believe, as loving or not loving the Holy Spirit. Unless I'm misunderstanding verses, so I see no scriptrue requirement for us to love the Holy Spirit.

Norine Williams says

inspiritinone profile image77

inspiritinone says

graceinus 17 months ago

inspiritinone- thank you for your well thought out answer and I do agree, however, I'm not sure if John 13:15 really applies to this question, because Jesus Himself spoke these words you quoted in John. I understand what Paul saying inRomans 8:1-17

Rich kelley profile image60

Rich Kelley says

graceinus 17 months ago

Rich- I left a comment on your answer earlier and mistakenly deleted it. But thanks again for your comment. I agree. Blessing

Grace Padua (Supermaster) says

graceinus 17 months ago

Grace Padua- Thanks for your answer. I don't believe the divinity doctrine. Regardless Jesus tought about loving Him and the Father. Yet there is mention of loving the Holy Spirit. Clearly Jesus tought loving the Father and Jesus seperately.

peter565 says

graceinus 17 months ago

peter565- I believe what the bible states. And it far different than what you have explained. I hope some day you'll take the time to STUDY the Holy Bible.

P.S. I believe there is a Holy Spirit. Have a good day.