Missing Link profile image 81

How did the Israelites come to be captive in Egypt in the first place?

How did the Israelites come to be enslaved in Egypt in the first place? I think this is described in the Old Testament but I did not understand. I'm reading thru the Old Testament and am almost to Deuteronomy. I understand their Exodus from Egypt for the most part. I find the Old Testament to be difficult to read -- not because I have a developmental reading disorder but there is something about the language, wording, etc. Thanks!

kbdressman profile image93

Best Answer kbdressman says

peter565 17 months ago

I think there is something to do with the legion. there was at least thousands or hundred of Jews when Moses left Egypt, how could that start off with one family, the Egyptions can easily breed them out.

Norine Williams says