Ericdierker profile image 78

Do you believe in the Trinity and why?

What many people do not realize is that the Trinity is dogma from those not empowered by the same spirit as those that wrote the Bible. It is not sacrosanct. I happen to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and one in the same as God and that it is a Holy Mystery. But I can get down with someone who says Jesus is the Son of God and not one with God.

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 18 months ago

Very interesting Tim. I understand also the the Trinity came from the Nicene Council. It works for me for a way to understand the oneness concept.

lawrence01 profile image87

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

Norine Williams 18 months ago

U sure don't! U should have "WAITED" for the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4) & NOT "Lean to your own understanding" (Prov 3:5)!

Towfiquir Rahman profile image61

Towfiquir Rahman says

Norine Williams 18 months ago

The Nicene Council did not think of it as a "misconception!"

SATAN (Catholic Church) "deliberately interpreted" to lose souls!

Spirit of SATAN entered to Jn 10:10!

Why JESUS said Matt 7:14!

Norine Williams 18 months ago

Eric: I BLV WORD (ONE SPIRIT; I Cor 12) not "s/t close!" I Cor 2:10-16 "HS compares "spiritual to spiritual!" How Mary conceived is n WORD (Matt 1:18 "..of the Holy Spirit")! "Leap of faith?" NO! Spiritually minded!

DON'T LIMIT GOD (Billionity)!

Venkatachari M profile image84

Venkatachari M says

• Ericdierker profile image

Thank you for weighing in Venkatachari, I think a great many hold your sentiment - belief.

Rich kelley profile image60

Rich Kelley says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 18 months ago

I don't understand why you all separate the three elements as distinct from each other and nomenclature them as Trinity. God, Son of God and Holy Spirit each name refer to the same God. No separate Beings. You call whatever you like but all are one

Norine Williams says

• Ericdierker profile image

Very interesting. Although I must say I could not really follow you. Perhaps a little normal speaking might help get your point across.

Sparklea profile image72

Sparklea says

• Ericdierker profile image

Thank you for that fine answer with testimony. The concept of praying unceasingly sure does work for me. I surely can squeeze in a bunch of "oops" during a day, and he always helps me get back on track.

BaptizedNRG says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 17 months ago

interesting. And well said.

lorddanielossy profile image60

lorddanielossy says

Norine Williams 18 months ago

U sure? Who "possesses" u? "One with whom?" A LIE=SATAN? The Nicene Council has "bewitched" u!

flpalermo profile image29

flpalermo says

• Ericdierker profile image

I am a bad guy to ask that question of. I believe that the gift of the spirit of giving is inside all of us, so that the notion of Santa Claus is alive and well.