Do we ever lose God's gift?

Recently I was watching a show on television in which one of the character stated that his father was a homosexual preacher. Immediately, my curiosity was peaked. If God blesses people with the gift of preaching/ teaching His Word, can that gift be lost because of our sin? I think about Peter, one of Jesus' disciples, who appeared to have an issue with his temper; David had an issue with adultery; or Moses the murder, we're all used by God to accomplish his purpose. I believe that once God gives you a gift, it is always there regardless of your relationship with our Savior. What do you think?

Norine Williams 22 months ago

You r rt "not using the gifts given!" GOD will hold u accountable for WORD is there for ALL to STUDY but don't!

We are "sealed" (II Cor 1:22) IF "in Christ" but 1 MUST be "IN CHRIST" filled w/the HS! The ONLY WAY 1 can be "IN CHRIST!"

peter565 says

Norine Williams 22 months ago

IF U KNEW THE OT IS "JESUS CONCEALED," VS THE NT "JESUS REVEALED," U'D UNDERSTAND DEUT! NOTHING "LITERAL" PETE! "WHORING" IS SERVING OTHER gods!

ANTICHRIST=JESUS IS "NOT" FM GOD (1 SPIRIT;I COR 12) OR 1 DOESN'T BLV I TIM 3:16 "IN THE WRLD "TODAY!"

Norine Williams says

• Rich kelley profile image

Rich Kelley 22 months ago

What happen to the spirit you waited for? It is not there, the hate, calling names, finger pointing, all attributes of darkness. So yes you can lose something you may have had. Once saved always saved, I think not Calvin. He is an if then God.

Rich kelley profile image61

Rich Kelley says

Norine Williams 22 months ago

Why would u throw rock & hide hand @ the expense of ur knowledge of WORD? Makes u sound IGNORANT (I Cor 12:28;Eph4:11)!

Once "IN CHRIST" (after "WAITING" for HS), we r "righteous by faith" (Rm 3:22;5:1) unless "WILLFUL" after "KNOWING" (Heb 10:2