jlpark profile image 83

Religion and 'bad' things - why do we see it in others religions only?

Reading a few questions lately, this jumped out at me. Many are quick to point out the bad things in another's religion, yet when confronted with the same from their own, are quick to point out the difference between the two - but not to realise that there isn't really a difference at all. I'm looking for your thoughts on why this is? But from why you think you don't see the bad in yr faith/belief as the same as the bad in others?

lawrence01 profile image80

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

• lawrence01 profile image

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) 21 months ago

I meant to add that JC got it right with the 'splinter and log' I might see the splinter in my brother's eye, but what about the log in my own?

• jonnycomelately profile image

Alan (jonnycomelately) 21 months ago

So true, Erik. Is it not back to the old problem of fear?

peter565 says

gmwilliams profile image86

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 21 months ago

Nice try and completely pop psychology debunked. A world view according to one. No proof and no evidence to back this up. Just a thought by an atheist,

Oztinato profile image82

Oztinato says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 21 months ago

I agreed. Until you did just what you were talking about New Atheism. Can't you see it? Your comment is then trying to sound superior to them by bagging them. I'm not saying it's not true, but I'm saying its true for all - not just 'others'