Projectlazy profile image 80

What would be the bases of a Good Religion? What do you keep/borrow and what do you get rid of?

I'm starting to feel that the religions we currently have just don't work. We have to carve away more and more of the bad stuff or add new interpretations to make up for it. I haven't given up on it completely though and I wonder what would be a good starting point for a new religion. Please nothing vague like "do unto others".

• Projectlazy profile image

Projectlazy 19 months ago

I like all of that but the last bit is really interesting. To uses taxes as a comparison, people don't like being put on the hook for something. If you are told what and how much you start to become to critical of the process. Then no one wins.

getitrite profile image78

getitrite says

• Projectlazy profile image

Projectlazy 19 months ago

I like what you are saying but at the time of creation for most of the old world religions the fairy tales were presumed facts. So maybe what a new religion needs is constant revision of information.