threekeys profile image 84

Can we contribute to building peace into our everday life by being aware of the words we choose?

We all cannot be a part of the U.N. creating peace in the world globally. Do you think instead of becoming overwhelmed by all the wars and divisions we could contribute towards safer and better conditions by choosing peace words - peaceful language when we connect with one another? For me that would make me feel like a contributing and productive citizen. At the same time I would feel less overwhelmed by all the wars and divisions that are bubbling up. Could that work? Or would we all become phonies? What do you think?

• threekeys profile image

Threekeys 17 months ago

Yes..no one wants or needs to be micromanaged. You make some good points...

WordCrafter09 profile image80

ME Whelan (WordCrafter09) says

• threekeys profile image

Threekeys 17 months ago

...yes not going out of one's way to recklessly incite hate and division. I mean when we have a personal upset that is valid-ok..but just saying there are some people that just get a kick out of seeing people fight one another. That's reckless to me.

RTalloni profile image89

RTalloni says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 17 months ago

This surely is a very nice and good answer. If we could live by the principles set down here we would make a difference in the lives around us. Goodness in the words we use is contagious.

Norine Williams says

• threekeys profile image

Threekeys 17 months ago

Hi Norine! One thing I have got to say you are a passionate Christian. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the scriptures of the Bible. So I can miss out on the points you are making. Its a shame. "Simple words for simple me" yes?