Ten things I like about the First Pope that I have ever liked:
1. He is Humble
2. He dressed all in White - no pompous dress code unlike many other priests, cardinals, etc.
3. His concern for the poor.
4. The name he chose: St. Francis, in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi.
5. He speaks against consumerism and he is well aware (talks about it as well) of how humans are affecting this planet/environment.
6. He is doing his best to try to connect with the Orthodox branch of Christianity (I appreciate that being baptized as a Greek-Orthodox myself).
7.He met just this spring with the Patriarch of Moscow in Cuba - building bridges and working towards Unity as supposed to creating division.
8. He is the first Jesuit Pope and he is less formal: more consistency and less facade.
9. He is also known to have spoken for the importance of women in the Roman Catholic Church - nothing easy here if we look at the history of this institution.
10. Lastly but very important, he is trying to clean-up the corruption within the Vatican - this is so very necessary.
May the Great Spirit walk with him.