snapcracklepop profile image 59

To what, who, and to where do you go to for comfort?

Some seek out alcohol and drugs to get confort, some seek out money and material riches, others are hoping to receive comfort from their religious leaders and the like. Where or who do you look to for real comfort in your life?

WiccanSage profile image96

Mackenzie Sage Wright (WiccanSage) says

• snapcracklepop profile image

Jackie (snapcracklepop) 14 months ago

You are such a positive person. I appreciate that about responses. Tell me please, you say you have many "Gods" or more than one God. Who or what are your Gods and do they have names? How did you come to have many Gods?

herownwings profile image87

Emily (herownwings) says

• snapcracklepop profile image

Jackie (snapcracklepop) 14 months ago

Thank you for asking where do I go for comfort. My main source is prayer to God. After praying to Him, a serene calmness and peace comes over me and its as if God is saying to me everything will be okay (Isaiah 41:01-13, Philippians 4:6,7)

Reluctant Revival profile image79

The Reluctant Revivalist (Reluctant Revival) says

• snapcracklepop profile image

Jackie (snapcracklepop) 14 months ago

Truly focusing in on Jesus and his example can bring us comfort. I agree with you. Matthew 11:28-30: "COME TO ME, ALL YOU WHO ARE TOILING AND LOADED DOWN, AND I WILL REFRESH YOU....."

• snapcracklepop profile image

Jackie (snapcracklepop) 14 months ago

Your experience with your teddy bear, reminds me of the character of the Peanuts cartoon, who keeps his "security" blanket with him. You are not by yourself. No doubt others have a "comforter" in stuffed animals and the like. And yes food can be too.

Aime F profile image86

Aime (Aime F) says

• snapcracklepop profile image

Jackie (snapcracklepop) 14 months ago

Family is always a good source of comfort during hard times. You are very fortunate. Reading a good book or watching a favorite TV show or movie can certainly take your mind off minor problems. I find that voluntarily helping others is comforting too