Kathleen Cochran profile image 83

Is being opposed to abortion a fruit of the spirit?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance." If a person's life does not give evidence of these traits, does being anti-abortion offset those short-comings? Is abortion the only standard today to define Christian behavior?

gmwilliams profile image87

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• Kathleen Cochran profile image

Kathleen Cochran 14 months ago

The reason I asked this question was because I am confounded by my fellow Christian friends who are for Trump only because of the issue of abortion. They completely discount Hillary Clinton, a practicing Christian, imperfect but obviously trying. ?

• Kathleen Cochran profile image

Kathleen Cochran 14 months ago

I just deleted the last answer to this question by accident. I never edit answers or comments. I apologize and the writer is welcome to repost their answer.

savvydating profile image96

Yves (savvydating) says

• Kathleen Cochran profile image

Kathleen Cochran 14 months ago

Hillary Clinton has spoken of her Christian faith on many occasions. So has President Obama. Many deny that fact because they support the law of the land, pro-choice. We see the fruits of the spirit in their lives, but people don't count it. Why