Neither you nor I or anyone else will learn anything new. Whether the God-man is the Christ or Krishna; Buddha or Rama or more modern day teachers like Ramakrishna or Sri Chinmoy, the message has not altered.
Yes, it is not easy and patience is required, but Light must shine into darkness. There is no other way. Confidence is in essence the opposite of fear but this is a quality of the spiritual Heart, of selfless Love. Humanity are your brother and sisters.
It is the Higher forces that will ultimately transform your nature or guide you, when you walk the dark alleys of life alone. Amidst this, Love is always present. I suggest spiritual practices, which ever form is best for you. Join a group. In my group, I see girls and boys coming with insecurity and fear which is much reduced after about three or four years.
1. Constant practice of the spiritual exercises, daily, regularly and at set times.
2. Service to others. Service will expand the Heart and make you receptive to a Higher Light (Grace)
3. Practice Gratitude. Thank God for your wife, children, a beautiful day, nature ... smile.
4. Prayer and meditation on a daily basis are paramount. God speed!!
5. Do your Dharma (duty) Frankly, it is the inner Light which will guide you, hence the necessity of meditation and in being receptive to God's Light.