Readmikenow profile image 95

Do people choose a religion or does a religion choose them?

If you're raised in Israel chances are you'll be Jewish. If you grow up in Saudi Arabia, good chance you'll be Muslim and if you grow up in Rome you have a good chance of being Catholic. Yet, people leave their religions and choose other ones quite often. I know Catholics who became Jews, Christians who became Muslims and more. Some stay in their religion for their life time. So, do people choose a religion or does it choose them?

ValKaras profile image84

Vladimir Karas (ValKaras) says

• Readmikenow profile image

Readmikenow 4 months ago

Very insightful! You made your argument very well. I would have to say your conclusion would be a bit different if you felt there actually was a spiritual world. So, when we pass from this earth, do you believe that is the end of us? Is there more?

Sean Dragon profile image75

Ioannis Arvanitis (Sean Dragon) says

• Readmikenow profile image

Readmikenow 4 months ago

I would say that is true in a free country. My Muslim friend was raised in Pakistan. He told me it was dangerous to not be a Muslim where he lived. He was lucky as a relative sponsored him into the US to work in his business. Others not so lucky.