Ericdierker profile image 72

Two people well versed in the Bible. Both claim to be moved by the Holy Spirit. But different?

There is no question both can back up their different views with scripture. Both are not perfect on deciding which scripture is most appropriate to follow in order to be a Disciple of Christ or Christian. One insists that his way is the only way. The other believes that we are all guided differently and do not have the same calling. Either saying that the other "is wrong" is a problem. Ordained ministers with congregations tell parishioners what to think. If either of our gentlemen tell others what to think are they the same as the "pulpit preacher?"

celafoe profile image66

charlie (celafoe) says

5 weeks ago
  • Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 5 weeks ago

Very nice answer. And what do we make of two that do as you say but have different understanding. You are avoiding the question that you suggested I ask. Remember?

It seems with you that it always boils down to you being right and us wrong.

7 weeks ago
  • Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 7 weeks ago

Very cool answer my friend. It is good to see you.One of the strange notions along this line is that some feel learning about other "religions" is bad for you.

Perhaps we are most insistent when we are insecure.

Paul K Francis profile image82

Paul K Francis says

7 weeks ago
  • Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 7 weeks ago

I am blessed to call you a friend Paul. What a nice thoughtful answer. Truth be told I am very careful not to tell my son what to believe. I just tell him what I believe. I think we are about 70/30 in my favor, thank God. It gives me confidence.

3 answers hidden due to negative feedback. Show