Chica27h profile image 60

What did Joseph Smith do that would prove he is a true prophet of God?

I was raised a Mormon but never studied the religion or any others for that matter. I have come to a realization that the religion I have grown up in has many flaws. My mother told me that in order to believe in the Mormon faith you have to believe that Joseph Smith was a true modern-day prophet. But from the little I know about the bible and prophets I think they all did or said something that would prove undoubtedly that they were a prophet of God. Maybe I am wrong but I was wondering if there is something about Joseph Smith that I am missing.

Onusonus profile image80

Onusonus says

LdsNana-AskMormon profile image88

Kathryn Skaggs (LdsNana-AskMormon) says

• Chica27h profile image

Chica27h 5 years ago

Thank you for your comment. I will have to read your hub. Is it possible that it is the only book that has a promise of that because God doesnt need to make promises to people. The people asked God to show them and he did right? That wasnt enough?

fundguru profile image59

fundguru says

SaiKit profile image73

SaiKit says

Cedar Cove Farm profile image60

Cedar Cove Farm says

passingtheword says

grayknight profile image59

grayknight says

• Sheepsquatch profile image

Sheepsquatch 5 years ago

I think the belief is that true prophets are supposed to always have their predictions come true. I don't know the accuracy of the previous statements, but if Joseph Smith was wrong in some of his predictions then he wouldn't be a true prophet.

exphoebe profile image69

exphoebe says

M Cassian profile image58

M Cassian says

brotheryochanan says

Born Again 05 profile image80

Born Again 05 says