Church Signs Sayings
Funny Church Signs Sayings
Church signs often say something funny, witty, or thought provoking. These brief one liner sayings are intended to get you thinking about your personal relationship with God, or lack there of. The messages on a church sign are sometimes inspirational and encouraging, but sometimes they are brutally honest and force you to take a look at your own character.
Church Signs Sayings
My town has a lot of churches. There is just about one or two churches every couple of miles. Each outdoor church sign has a unique quote that they tend to change weekly. There is one church that I've had days that felt like God was using that sign to speak directly to me.
Below I share some great church signs sayings and photos of outdoor church signs. These Christian slogans are designed to grab your attention. They are meant to serve as mini sermons to those who don't take the time to go inside the church for the full length version.
Image credit: Church sign photo on Flickr
Funny Church Sign
Funny Church Signs Sayings - Funny church signs
Often times church sign messages are funny. They present an important message but in a clever and witty way that grabs your attention and sticks in your head. Here are some funny church sign messages.
- Many who seek God in the eleventh hour die at 10:30!
- Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
- Does life stink? We have a pew for you!
- Can't sleep? Counting sheep? Talk to the shepherd.
- If you don't like the way you were born try being reborn.
- There are some questions that can't be answered by Google.
- Cars are not the only thing recalled by their maker.
- Why pay for GPS? Jesus gives directions for free.
- Walmart is not the only saving place.
- Christians, keep the faith...but not from others!
- Faithbook: God has sent you a friend request.
- Need a lifeguard? Ours walks on water!
- What on earth are you doing for Heavens sake
- A closed mouth gathers no foot.
- ETERNITY: smoking, or non-smoking?
- Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to meet him.
- The Bible - It will scare the Hell out of you!
- Church shopping? We're open on all Son days.
Church Sign Message
Inspirational Church Signs Sayings - Encouraging church signs messages
Sometimes even as Christians, we let this world beat us down. We can use words of encouragement from time to time. Sometime the messages on church signs can be inspirational and encouraging. Sometimes they remind us that God is control and He is faithful and we can trust in Him.
- The will of God will not take you to where the grace of God will not protect you.
- No problem is too great, to place in God's hands.
- If the devil is knocking at your front door, let Jesus answer it
- If you haven't heard from GOD" lately, Try sending some knee mail!"
- Faith is the postage stamp on our prayers.
- Need a new life? God accepts trade-ins
- T.G.I.F. - Thank God I'm Forgiven
- True independence is dependence on God.
- When you think God is Nowhere; God is Now Here.
- Is temptation knocking? Let Jesus get the door.
- Love went from the cradle to the cross.
Christian Jewelry - Wear your faith proudly
Wearing any of these attractive pieces of Christian jewelry will declare to the world that you have faith in God. Jesus tells us that if we deny Him, then He will tell the Father at our judgement that He does not know us. But, if we are not ashamed to proclaim to the world that we are Christians and believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost that He will write our name in the book of life and we'll have ever lasting life in Heaven.
This Jesus fish bracelet makes a great gift.
These precious Jesus fish earrings are small enough for young girls.
I love this necklace with the combination of cross and fish.
This ring makes a great gift for men.
This fish charm can be worn on a bracelet or necklace.
Inspirational Church Sign
Powerful Church Signs Sayings - Church signs messages that are food for thought
Since we are all sinners, even the best of us can lose our way from time to time. Sometimes a church sign message can really hit home. Some church signs sayings are extremely powerful and thought provoking. God may choose to use an outdoor church sign to grab your attention and cause you to pause and reflect about the choices you've been making.
- Faith is Not Blind, Faith is Sight Set On God.
- To be almost saved is to be totally lost.
- Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
- God doesn't have a Plan 'B'
- God expects spiritual fruit, not religious nuts
- God wants full custody not just a weekend visit.
- If God Is Your Co-Pilot, you better switch seats!
- God should be your steering wheel, not your spare tire!
- Change is easier when trusting in an unchanging God!
- When God gives a rose, it has no thorns. He took them away at Calvary.
- Many wish to hear God, fewer will listen.
- Be quiet and still enough to hear God when He speaks to you.
Prayer Devotional Books - I highly recommend these daily devotional books
Prayer is our main means of communication with God. It is vital that we pray so that our relationship with God remains strong and so that we can clearly discern our own thoughts and desires from those that He has planned for us. God's way is perfect; therefore, we will be happier, healthier, and better off in the long run if we listen to Him.
This book is full of amazing prayers to enhance anyone's life.
You'll gain a deeper understanding of God's Word as you pray these prayers for understanding, wisdom, and guidance.
Your church's prayer group will see big things happen in the church if they read through this book.
Pray over your children and pray that you are doing God's will as a parent.
When a Church Sign Spoke to Me
My personal story of when God used a church sign to speak to me
FaceBook can be a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Instead of emailing out recently pictures of my kidos to all of my friends and family, I can just post them on FaceBook. It's an easy and quick way to communicate with others.
When I first joined FB I was surprised that people from my past started to find me and send friend invites. At first I thought it was neat to hear from old high school and even elementary classmates and college budies. But, I quickly learned that it's typical on FB for people to send you a friend invite and after you accept, you never hear from them again. At first I didn't understand what the point was. Why make contact, send a friend request, and then never say so much as a "hi" or ever respond to anything you put on your wall.
Then I started to go through people in my friends list and check out their walls. I found myself checking out other people's walls before I even checked my email. I had times that I sat down to do my online work, but instead was sucked in by FB yet again.
One day I was on my way to run errands in town when I caught a glimpse of a sign at a church that read "Get off of Face Book and spend time with God." I got the message loud and clear, "thank you Lord." After spending too much time on FB over the course of a couple of weeks I realized that while FB is a super great way to keep in touch with those you care about, it's also a way for people to feed their voyeuristic nature. FaceBook can be a wonderful tool of communication, or it can become a waste of time and a way for people to spy on one another without ever having to make contact beyond a friend request and confirmation.
I have decided to continue using Face Book to share family photos and send out updates of what's going on in my life in order to stay connected with friends and family. I'm going to be more choosey with the friend requests I accept in the future. I also may start giving "friends" the boot if I find that they never so much as send me a "hi."
Technology is great. It provides us with better ways of doing things and easier means of keeping in touch with those we care about over great distances. But, with technology also comes great responsbility. Face Book, MySpace, etc. can be great tools if used wisely. If not used with caution, restraint, and wisdom, they can suck up too much of your valuable time.
Image: Christian Post
Church Signs Sayings Books - Books of sayings for church signs
Instructional Message on an Outdoor Church Sign
More Church Signs Sayings - Quotes and saying for church signs
Are you looking for great ideas for sayings to display on your church's outdoor sign? Here are several great resources with church sign message ideas.
Recommended Reading - If the church signs have been speaking to you, then read this book
If you're looking for a closer relationship with God, then I highly recommend this book. It examines the Bible and what God truly tells us about what it means to be Christian. This book is a wake up call for all lukewarm Christians.
Develop a Closer Relationship with God
This book will guide you into a deeper and more meaningful relationship with God.