- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
Discover the Water Dream Interpretation
What do You Dream About?
Everyone has dreams and dreaming of water is fairly common. You may wonder about water dream interpretations. I did after dreaming about flooding waters. I was busy building sand bag dikes to keep the flooding under control. But then I was being chased by the flooding waters. A large boat came up beside me and blocked the water, but I hacked at the boat and allowed the flooding waters and the broken boat to rush past me. What does it all mean? Find out below.
Sigmund Freud, considered the father of psychoanalysis, studied dreams in order to better understand aspects of personality. He believed that you do nothing by chance; that every one of your thoughts and actions is motivated by your unconscious mind. Your conscious mind dictates that you hold back specific urges or impulses, but they need to be released, so dreams take care of that. However dreams are not always clear in their meaning. Freud believes that you dream in a symbolic language, with water being one of those symbols.
Water is the driving force of all nature.
Leonardo da Vinci
Dreams About Water
Water typically is a symbol of emotions or feelings. It usually means change or renewal. The human body is comprised of 60-70% water. It is essential to many bodily functions. Thus a dream about water signifies something essential to the dreamer. The relationship with the water determines the meaning. Water dreams can be positive or negative. As you remember the dream, write down as many particulars as you can remember. Were you alone? Was mood were you in? Was the water rough, blue, a trickle or a lake? Did you feel danger? Let's look at some of those relationships.
Books About Dreams
Water Dream Interpretations
Water, water everywhere. There are a wide variety of dreams you could have involving water. Is your dream here?
- Dirty or Unclear Water - Means you need to clear the negativity out of your life. You need to take a step back and clear your mind.
- Drowning - Means that you are overwhelmed by your current situation. You may feel powerless over situations beyond your control.
- Flood - Means you are suffering from overwhelming emotions regarding issues in your life. If the flood is gentle, your problems will soon be swept away. If the flood if raging, you will continue to have problems. If you are swept away by the flood, someone is using you. If you escape the flood, you will eventually overcome your problems.
- Holy Water - Means you need a spiritual cleansing. You are seeking freedom from stress. If you are pouring holy water on something or someone, that item needs your blessing.
- Hot Water - Just like it sounds, this means you need to relax. If you don't you may get burned.
- Ocean or Saltwater - This analysis depends on your relationship to the ocean. If you taste saltwater, it means heartache, suffering or tears. If the ocean is stormy, you are facing a tough time ahead. If the ocean is calm, you can expect some sort of freedom. If you are lost at sea, it means you are drifting in life with no direction.
- Rivers - A river speaks of your life journey. A calm river means you are peaceful. A fast running river means changed might occur soon.
- Splashed by Water - Time to wake up and get back in control of your life.
- Swimming - How you are at swimming indicates the level of control in your life. If you move easily through the water, you are in control of your life.
- Underwater - If you are having difficulty underwater, it is just like drowning, you are overwhelmed. However, if you are able to breathe underwater, it could mean that you are feeling helpless in life and looking for freedom from responsibilities. If you see something underwater, you are hiding your feelings towards it.
- Walking on Water - Finally a positive dream meaning you are on top of the world. Pay attention to qualities in yourself that you have been hiding.
- Water Balloon - If you are throwing a water balloon, you are venting. You may be having a tough time expressing your true feelings. If the water balloon is being thrown at you, you may have been oblivious to anger directed at you.
- Water Cooler - You may be looking for an easy way to release your bottled up emotions. Or, you may just be looking for someone to talk to.
- Water Gun - Means you have a hard time getting out your feelings of anger so that others do not recognize what is going on.
- Water Lily - Is a symbol for grief or sorrow.
- Water Park - You are positively on top of the world emotionally.
- Water Skiing - You are feeling confident and calm in your life.
- Waterfall - Means that you have learned to let go of something and you are beginning a new journey in life.
- Watermelon - Dreams representing love, desire or lust. Pregnant women dream of watermelons due to their change in hormones.
- Watermill - Means you are on the right path and should take advantage of the resources being offered to you.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Edgar Allan Poe
Walking on Water
More About Dreams
- Dream Interpretation - What Do Dreams Mean?
What do your dreams mean? Learn more about some of the many dream interpretation theories have been proposed.
- Dream interpretation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dream interpretation From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia