Twenty (20) Facts About Demons
Pastor Dr. Carlotta Boles
TO KNOW THE ENEMY IS KNOWLEDGE
WELCOME TO PASTOR DR. CARLOTTA'S COUNSELING CENTER.
Here's Twenty (20) Facts About Demons you should know and refer back to this Hub when in need!
1. Demons have names: Luke 8:30; Jesus demanded, "What is your name?" "Legion," he replied, for he was filled with many demons. Revelations 9:11 Their King is the angel from the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon-the Destroyer.
2. They speak: Luke 4:34; Go away! Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are-the Holy One sent from God!" Luke 4:41; Many were possessed by demons; and the demons came out at His command, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But because they knew He was the Messiah, He rebuked them and refused to let them speak. Luke 8:28; As soon as he saw Jesus, he shrieked and fell down in front of Him. Then he screamed, "Why are you interfering with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Please, I beg you, don't torture me!" Matt. 8:29; They begun screaming at Him, "Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God's appointed time?"
3. They know who Jesus is: Luke 4:34; Go away! Why are you interfering with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are-the Holy One sent from God!"
4. They know of future damnation: Matt. 8:29; They begun screaming at Him, "Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God's appointed time?"
5. They know the saved from the unsaved: Revelation 9:4; They were told not to harm the grass or plants or tress, but only the people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
6. They are able to formulate a Satan-centered systematic theology: 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Holy Spirit tell us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons.
7. They possess great strength: Exodus 8:7; But the magicians were able to do the same thing with their magic. they, too, caused frogs to come up on the land of Egypt. 7:11; Then Pharaoh called in his own wise men and sorcerers, and these Egyptian magicians did the same thing with their magic. Mark 5:2-4; When Jesus climbed out of the boat, a man possessed by an evil spirit came out from a cemetery to meet Him. This man lived among the burial caves and could no longer be restrained, even with a chain. Whenever he was put into chains and shackles, as he often was, he snapped the chains from his wrist and smashed the shackles.
8. They experience fear: As soon as he saw Jesus, he shrieked and fell down in front of Him. Then he screamed, "Why are you interfering with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Please, I beg you, don't torture me!"
9. They display contempt: Acts. 16:16-18; One day as we were going down to the place of prayer, we met a demon-possessed slave girl. She was a fortune-teller who earned a lot of money for her master. She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, and they have come to tell you how to be saved." This went on day after day until Paul got so exasperated that he turned and said to the demon within her, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And instantly it left her.
10. Some are unchained and have a certain amount of freedom at the present time: Eph. 6:12; For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Psalm 78:49; He loose on them his fierce anger all his fury, rage, and hostility. He dispatched against them a band of destroying angels.
11. Some are chained and have no freedom at the present time: 2 Peter 2:4; For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell, in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until they day of judgement.
12. These evil angels rule over the nations of the world. Daniel 10:13; But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came o help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of he kingdom of Persia.
13. A wicked demon named "Legion" headed up a large group of fallen spirits that had possessed the maniac of Gadara: Mark 5:9; Then Jesus demanded, "What is your name.?" And he replied, "My name is Legion, because there are many of us inside this man."
14. The bottomless pit is under the control of an angel called Abaddon )in the Hebrew) and Apollyon (in the Greek): Revelation 9:11; Their king is the angel from the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon the Destroyer.
15. Four military angels are now bound in the Euphrates River: Revelation 9:14; And the voice said to the sixth angel who held the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great Euphrates River."
16. These four angels are now bound in the Euphrates River: Revelation 9:14; And the voice said to the sixth angel who held the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great Euphrates River."
17. Some demons are in a place called Tartarus: 2 Peter 2:4; For God did not spare even the angels who sinned. He threw them into hell, in gloomy pits of darkness, where they are being held until they day of judgement.
18. Three demons organize events which lead to the battle of Armageddon: Revelation 16:13-14; And I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs leap from the mouths of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. they are demonic spirits who work miracles and go out to all the rulers of the world to gather them for battle against Lord on the great judgement day of God the Almighty.
19. Demons will be judge by Christ and His Church: 1 Corinthians 6:3; Don't you realize that we will judge angels? So you should surely be able to resolve ordinary disputes in this life.
20. They will eventually be forever cast into the Lake of Fire: Matthew 25:41; "Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, "Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons."
If you haven't accepted Christ as your Savior simply say in an audible voice, in all sincerity from the depths of your heart, "Lord Jesus Christ, forgive me of my sins and accept me as Your child. I accept You as my personal Savior and I promise to follow the instructions of Your Word from this day on. If I fail because I am human, please help pick me up so I can try again! Thank you, Jesus, for saving me from all my sins. AMEN."