quick questin about the biblical 3 loves.

1. profile image45
    xxxhitmanjmposted 8 years ago

quick questin about the biblical 3 loves.

there agape, eros, and philo. does anyone know how agape is an "action love"? and im not just looking for "its love that is givin and expects nothing in return". all help and thoughts welcom!

2. Sunny River profile image61
    Sunny Riverposted 8 years ago

I think you might be misunderstanding the meaning of agape. It's not love that gives and expects nothing in return. Rather, it's a perfect, selfless, holy kind of love that we as humans cannot achieve. It's the kind of love that God has for us, but we can never hope to return it.
    As far as it being an "action love", just look at what God did for us. He had his Son come down and be born as one of us lowly, pathetic humans. Then He let this same Son be persecuted by those self-same humans who He had come to save! The Son was beaten and then left to die on a cross, which is one of the most painful ways to die. And after all that, God even turned his back on his Son so that He could take on the sins that we have committed, all so that WE could be forgiven.
    If that isn't agape in action, I don't know what is.

3. leslie4130 profile image74
    leslie4130posted 7 years ago

I just wrote an article over this, check it out, I think it will answer your question