jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Your ego in ministry?

1. profile image46
    sharonagapeposted 7 years ago

Your ego in ministry?

I've been reading your introduction again and your reference to "my fans" is disturbing.  THe spreading of God's word should be devoid of self centered motivation.  This is not meant to be a judgmental remark but merely a caution as I certainly choose to believe that this could not be your intent.

2. Judah's Daughter profile image82
    Judah's Daughterposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your constructive opinion.  I thank 'my' fans for reading and commenting and I appreciate them.  HubPages changed the term "fans" to "followers", which I'm not enthusiastic about.  I follow Christ and those that support my hubs and provide encouragment are followers of Christ also ~ not followers of me.  I will re-word my profile so as not to cause offense to anyone; it certainly was not my motivation or intention.  Thank you and God bless you.

3. terced ojos profile image66
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

Interesting...considering the fact that the term "fan" is short for "fanatics"...

LoL...

Maybe it's just me paying a little too much attention to words and not enough to the intent of the writer...

Eeeeh...Yeah.

4. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 7 years ago

a little leaven, leavens the whole lump is all i wanna say but my answer it tooooooooooooooooooooooooo short

working