Do You Believe In Predestination Regarding Salvation?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (67 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 8 years ago

Do You Believe In Predestination Regarding Salvation?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image65
    LoisRyan13903posted 8 years ago

For what you are asking, is out fate determined before we are born?  The answer would be yes because God know everything.  So he would already know who will have salvation and who would not.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

John 5:29 simply says these individuals will return to earth under Jesus rulership.Will we be there to welcome our family and friends back.
      earth must be cleaned off of any pollution, proposers, wickedness, and homes must be built.Isaiah 65:21-22

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image65
      LoisRyan13903posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Can't wait for the Millennium

3. Kiss andTales profile image59

Yes Lois we have a full schedule of work to do.There is still some time for many to be educated as new citizens they can learn what Jesus requires as he told the thief you will be with me in paradise. We can be there too.many will not have to die .

4. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sure do "have a full schedule of work to do!" 
      Galatians 1:6-9!
      I'm still "striving," but on right road obeying Galatians 1:6-9!

5. Kiss andTales profile image59

Lois I believe he knows the outcome of either choice. Not that he has predetermin your choice. Like he knew Adams and Eves of not betraying him would keep them alive. But if they disobeyed he also knew what would happen if they did this bad thing.

6. profile image51

YOU ARE RIGHT LOIS!  "GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING! He KNEW Adam & Eve would disobey! He knew man was evil! He knew He'd have to come to reconcile us back to Him. He wants  "praise" fm His creations (for HE is GOD) & will get it or lake of fire (hell

7. Kiss andTales profile image59

Well Ec 9:11 is his inspired words.
      Also he knows the outcome of good and bad. Not what choice will we make
      Because satan is vexing him about us and our choices .Proverbs 27:11 is clear we can make his heart rejoice if we act wise.
      Not predestine

8. profile image51

There is NO SCRIPTURE saying GOD doesn't KNOW the "choices" we will make or whether or not we will be saved.  IF He didn't KNOW, He wouldn't be Jehovah What was, is & to be or the GREAT "I AM!"  U limit GOD!
      I Jn 3:20 "GOD KNOWS ALL!"

9. Kiss andTales profile image59

Genesis 18:23- 33 tells a conversation between Abraham and Jehovah about the destruction of Sodom. Moses ask him are 50 righteous will he destroy sodom. Then he continues to question decreasing the number 40, 30,20 last 10
      He would not destroy. and

10. profile image51

It was Abraham questioning NOT GOD! GOD already KNEW! Just let the poor man beg!

11. LoisRyan13903 profile image65

God knew Abraham would only ask down to 10 and he knew that not even 10 righteous people would be living in Sodom and Gomorrah

12. profile image51

You're RIGHT Lois!  GOD KNOWS ALL or HE wouldn't be GOD!  I guess people think that's a Name but GOD is THE CREATOR w/knowledge from "beginning to end" BEFORE we were even thought of & AFTERWARDS!

3. profile image51
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

Since GOD is "all knowing," HE knows what we will "choose" (Joshua 24:15)! 

Romans 8:28-30 "For whom he did foreknow, he also did "predestinate" to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among brethern.  Moreover whom he did "predestinate," them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."  HALLELUJAH!

Can't stop reading:  (v31) What shall we then say to these things?  IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?"  HALLELUJAH!

PRAISE HIS "HOLY" NAME!!!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

Example the thief on the torture stake with Jesus was a wrong doer he made bad decisions.but before he died he expressed faith in Jesus while the other scorned himJesus bless him in saying you will be with me in paradise.
      the heart speaks

2. profile image51

"Predestination" means GOD KNOWS/KNEW ALL before your birth!  HE gives choice, but KNOWS & KNEW "before" you were born what you would choose!  If HE didn't HE would not be the ALL KNOWING GOD that HE is! Either you believe GOD is JEHOVAH or not!

He knows the outcome of your choice.
      Not what your choice will be. Because he would not say chose.

4. profile image51

He wants ALL to worship Him!  We have "choice!" Whether we endure is up to us but He KNEW from beginning what we'd do!  I Jn 3:20 "GOD KNOWS ALL THINGS!"

No He knows our choices and the outcome if we chose right or wrong.
      Like a teacher in a class room she tests everyone the same but its up to us to pass she knows the outcome if we fail or pass.
      God know our cababilties and he believes we can change

6. profile image51

You've got to give me Scriptures so I can read!  I have given I Jn 3:20 that HE KNOWS EVERYTHING where are your Scriptures?

I'm open to WORD but not to opinions!

7. Kiss andTales profile image59

Again Lois and Norine God knows the outcome if we choose right or if we choose wrong.But it is up to us what we choose.1 Cor 8:9.Not predestined.

8. profile image51

K&T: I have given Scripture after Scripture saying GOD IS ALL KNOWING; yet because of "pride," you ignore!  I Cor 8:9 has nothing to do w/PROVING GOD does not KNOW ALL!  Rather u try to "insult" saying WORD provided is a "stumbling block!" 
      Sata

9. LoisRyan13903 profile image65

He gives us the freedom of choice but he knows beforehand what we are going to choose

10. profile image51

Amen Lois! 
      HE IS GOD, THE ALMIGHTY "I AM," THE CREATOR of ALL, not something "wondering" what tomorrow will bring! 
      I pray for K&T who is "rooted & grounded" in "twisted" belief!
      Blessings

11. Kiss andTales profile image59

You have the right to believe as you wish , but so do others. But the reason many know different . Is Ecc 9:11
      Unforseen befalls all.
      AlsoKing James Version Eze 3:17
      'Says he 'warns' why do you warn people of danger if predestine to happen?

12. profile image51

Ec 9:11 "time & chance?" Yet we choose & GOD FOREKNEW our choice!
      Ezk 3:17 "give them warning?" HE still KNOWS what we will "choose" BEFORE we do! 
      Therefore, in the "SIGHT OF GOD," we've already been PREDESTINED! 
      GIVE GOD THE GLORY-HE IS

4. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

No I believe we create our own.
    Like a tract race we all are in it
    But who will endure to finish the  race depends on you . No one knows until the race ends. So no predestination does not exist if you are making choices and decicions ,free will to do or not to do is not predestined.

1. profile image51

MY GOD!  YOU don't "BELIEVE" Scripture?  What kind of "Christian" are you?  Did you not READ Romans 8?  Is you Bible that different?  Yours (JW) say "foreordained" same as "predestined!"

2. Kiss andTales profile image59

2 Timothy 2:5 many in the race but many not following the rules will recieve a crown.
      1Cor 9:5
      Math 7:23 Says get a way from me.
      Rev 2:10 have you did this .No you have proved nothing till death.
      Not predestined you must prove loyalty to the end

3. profile image51

I didn't ask for "insults" 2 Tim does not say GOD doesn't KNOW! "first & last, beginning & end, & HE'S "alpha & Omega" Who "fills heaven & earth" (Jer 23:24) & KNOWS ALL (Jer 1:5)!
      WORD=TRUE! HE knew/knows=PREDESTINATION no m

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image65

God will already know who will prove loyalty to the end

Lois God watches us all,  but I do not think he knows , I think he know what we are capable of .it is up to us to make right choices.
      Proverbs 10:1
      Rev 2:10 simply says " prove yourself "
      It did not say you are destine to fail
      You prove that

6. LoisRyan13903 profile image65

Maybe God already knows but blocks it from his all-knowing mind.  Just as he forgets the sins of the righteous.  But saying he does not know is contradictory to he is all knowing.

7. profile image51

K&T: U can NEVER "think"  You need Scripture to back up your belief!  Job 31:4 ""Does He not see my ways And number all my steps?"  HE KNOWS EVERYTHING beginning & end "Before in mother's womb" (Jer 23:24)! Don't speak w/o backup fm WORD r Jm

8. Kiss andTales profile image59

Deut 30:19 -20 says very clear we have the bad and good before us .we chose which one. Not predestined if you chose which.
      He tells us to chose the right way .but many chose what they like and most of the time its wrong.

9. profile image51

Case & Point:  We have choice but HE preknew what we would choose! 
      Get busy & choose right! He left instructions (Bible) & it's up to us to "rightly divide" His Word by following "Chain of Events" in Scripture!
      The Gospel of Christ(Grac

10. Kiss andTales profile image59

Abraham ask would he distroy Sodom ,if the numbers started from 50- 10 there is no way these people were destine to be destroyed. Because even Abraham ask God based on that people can change
      Not destine to die. Abraham knew this. Gen18;24-33

11. profile image51

Yes they were!  GOD already knew that ALL were evil in Sodom & what they were doing! You can't hide NOTHING fm GOD (Jer 23:24)!  He KNEW in Gen 6:5 "men are EVIL" especially when "lust" is involved!

12. Kiss andTales profile image59

Acts 17:30 says to all people repent
      If people were destine to death then no need to repent. Repent means to confess wrong and change from doing wrong. Rev 2:16 is clear if you do not.
      Not destine if you repent

13. profile image51

Did u read Jer 23:10? Your "belief" is "twisted!"  GOD KNEW "before" birth what u would have a mind to do!  U would either "Repent" or think "crazy" like u do & THK that HE doesn't KNOW ALL, like Atheist's hearts have been hardened!
      DON'T LIMIT

14. Kiss andTales profile image59

Do you hear yourself you would either repent or talk crazy. Well at least you admit "either or" which says you are choosing not doomed . not predestined. Yes he know our choices but our final decisions we create that.

15. profile image51

Case & Point: Yes but GOD KNOWS what I've chosen BEFORE I do!  Jer 23:10 says we have ALREADY been "predestined" (KNOWN) by GOD! HE KNOWS but we don't so let's get busy avoiding Gal 1:6-9 or "ACCURSED!"

5. The0NatureBoy profile image57
    The0NatureBoyposted 8 years ago

It's written in Romans 8:29 "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren" and being god is the producer of all things, people included, we all are foreknown and predestined.

Foreordained means appointed before time to do a mission.
      Are presidents foreordained no !they  have a mission but people vote them in to do Job
      Chriatains are given duties foreordained mission already existed .but who would carry it out is not

2. The0NatureBoy profile image57
      The0NatureBoyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

All life is made to fulfill a mission, little does people who doesn't believe in reincarnation know every life must experience every type of experience any other life experiences, then man go into everlasting life, Christianity doesn't reveal that.

Elijah a baby born and does not make it has experience anything. But when the resurrection comes his life will return as that same baby the thing is will the gaurdian be their to recieve their child in the new system.
      No one has reincarnationed.

4. profile image51

Eli: U blv in "reincarnation?" Where is this in Bible? 
      I Thess 4:14"..even so them also which SLEEP in Jesus will God bring w/him. (v16 "..and the dead in Christ will rise first." If we sleep, & rise 1st, when do we have time to "reincarnate?"

5. The0NatureBoy profile image57

NW, The world is not but statements are almost everywhere, Daniel 12:13, Revelation 20:4-5 is 2 two of the easiest to see.  Resurrection and regeneration often mean reincarnation in their contexts, and many more. 
      K&T, Reincarnation is life's la

6. Kiss andTales profile image59

Elijah reincarnated is saying you continue to live in another form or another body .if that be the case the word dead should not exist.
      Death exist because their is no life or activity or life happening it sease.
      The resurrection is different.

7. The0NatureBoy profile image57

Yoshua said "let the dead burry their dead" to make known death means to be ignorant as Adam and Eve became by recognizing and judging creations opposites.  Life is indestructible life-forces, bodies are manifestations to learn existence's purpose.

8. profile image51

K&T is RIGHT!  I Thess says we are "asleep" until we arise in Christ! 
      Dan 12:13 says "rest" (aka "sleep").
      Rev 20:4-5 "spirits" living & reigning!" Flesh & blood not in heaven!

9. Kiss andTales profile image59

We can know an outcome but it is not predestined for you one way.either you will do it right or wrong. If all will fail then we all are doomed to die forever
      Jesus value paid for our mistakes not that we are predestin to do wrong

10. profile image51

We're talking "predestination" in the SIGHT OF GOD!  He KNOWS EVERYTHING!  Why are u limiting HIM?  We have choice, and GOD KNEW what choice you'd make BEFORE your birth!

11. Kiss andTales profile image59

Then he would not tell us to chose.
      Deut 30:15 '16 says " if you listen"
      Further life is determine by your own actions of obeying. Your choice is not predestined. Because he says if you listen. Means the choice is up to you to listen.

12. profile image51

K&T:  MY GOD, the GOD of Abraham, Issac & Jacob, THE CREATOR or JEHOVAH is "ALL" KNOWING before & after your birth! 
      Jer 23:10 "O LORD, I know that the way of man IS NOT IN HIMSELF: IT IS NOT IN MAN THAT WALKETH TO DIRECT HIS STEPS!"
      De

13. The0NatureBoy profile image57

NW, Dan 12:13's "lot" means destined incarnation.
      Rev 20:5 is not about the saved, verse 4 is, and 5 say "live not again" meaning they were from a previous incarnation.

14. profile image51

Dan 12:12 "WAITETH" How does one "wait" running around reincarnated? V13 "REST" How? "stand in thy "LOT"="JUDGMENT!"
      Rev 20:5 "When the "FIRST RISE IN CHRIST" (I Thess 4) after "sleep" the  (v6) 2nd death has no POWER"

15. The0NatureBoy profile image57

Dan 12's "go your way" means to die as the already "dead in christ" (Rev 6:9-11) have been doing since this world's last end (Rev 14:13) & waiting to reincarnate (Rev 20:4) but 20:5 is the reincarnating of Rev 16:14's & 19:21's killed.

16. profile image51

Eli: Rev 20:5 means those NOT IN CHRIST will NOT LIVE AGAIN
      GET THIS:  "IN THE SPIRIT"
      not in another body for "FLESH & BLOOD" is not in heaven!

17. Kiss andTales profile image59

Why do you preach if people are predestined to die. Why do you come on HP and tell people to study if God has judge people to die?  King James Version Eze 3:17
      The warnings in the bible are to help us keep living not predestined.

18. profile image51

For those who have been "predestined" to "hear" (& only those whom GOD has given "ears" can "hear" as in Matt 13:3-9) can receive! Unbeknowing to me, someone on HP can "hear!"
      GOD "always" send man to deliver Msg but choice Those w/"ears" "hear"

19. The0NatureBoy profile image57

OK, NW, this is burger king, have it your way ALTHOUGH COMPREHENDING THE SCRIPTURES INDICATES SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

K&T, one can study all they want, without the "new birth" there is no comforter to bring the meaning to their understanding.

20. profile image51

"Comprehension" (Understanding) has to be "revealed" by Holy Spirit!  It's not "my way," but HIS (JESUS aka Holy Spirit's) Way!

21. Kiss andTales profile image59

Norine you are saying example God is preaching to people who are doomed to die anyway.he warns people to repent .but they are doomed to die anyway. You are preaching to people telling them to study but God knows they are doomed to die.
      Why preach?

22. LoisRyan13903 profile image65

Sometimes an individual needs to hear it from others.  Some people decide to listen and others decide not to

23. profile image51

Amen Lois! 
      I've provided Jesus' Parable in Matthew 13:3-9! 
      I give WORD, but GOD KNOWS who will accept!  My job to "plant Seed," yet all have "choice" to rec (v8), allow "teachings" destroy (v7), r "love" Christians (vs 5&6), or atheist (v4)!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)