- Religion and Philosophy
GOD'S FRUIT: KIWI FOR HEART, ASTHMA
The Almighty God has provided potential healing powers for all fruits, herbs, and vegetables and kiwifruit is one of them. Kiwifruit is well known in the west as a small brownish fruit, not bigger than 3 inches long with a thin fuzzy skin for its delicious and nutritious value.
HISTORY OF KIWIFRUIT
Kiwifruit is native to southern China and originally known as the National Fruit of the People's Republic of China. Other species are also found in India and Japan and southeastern Siberia. Cultivation spread from China in the early 20th century, when seeds were introduced to New Zealand by Mary Isabel Fraser, the principal of Wanganui Girls' College, who had been visiting mission schools in Yichang. Originally, the fruit was known as gooseberry.
The Chinese people of Southern China, along the river Yangtze have known of the very many benefits of the Kiwi fruit. There have been many Chinese literature on Kiwi fruit since the 1400's A.D. The oldest reference had been recorded in 720 B.C. on cancer like diseases in China. The use of Kiwi fruit is associated in folk lore medicine for prevention and therapy of cancer. Different cancers especially of digestive system and mammary gland have been treated by the Kiwi fruit prescriptions.
Kiwi output in 2005
NEW ZEALAND CHANGES NAME
The original Chinese name of the fruit, "Gooseberry" was changed because the name does not appear to be appealing to the people. When introduced to New Zealand, the name was changed into "kiwi" a New Zealand name for a brown flightless bird and New Zealand's national symbol, and also a colloquial name for the New Zealand people.
Today, Italy, New Zealand, Brazil and Chile also trade in the kiwifruit.
The scientific name for Kiwi Fruit is Actinidia chinenesis and is also known as Chinese Gooseberry. The Kiwi Fruit is higher in vitamin C than most fruits and is a great source of potassium.
In 27 types of fruits consumed such as avocado, mango, papaya, kiwi apparently has proven to have the highest nutrient density.
- Kiwifruit is an excellent source of vitamin C. This nutrient is the primary water-soluble antioxidant in the body, neutralizing free radicals that can cause damage to cells and lead to problems such as inflammation and for preventing conditions such as colon cancer, atherosclerosis, and diabetic heart disease.
- Kiwifruit is also a good source of the important fat soluble antioxidant, vitamin E. This combination of both fat and water soluble antioxidants makes kiwi able to provide free radical protection.
Phytonutrients Protect DNA in human cells from damage
- The delightful fruit contains numerous phytonutrients as well as well known vitamins and minerals that promote your health.
Fiber for Blood Sugar Control Plus Cardiovascular and Colon Health
- Diets that contain plenty of fiber can reduce high cholesterol levels thus reducing the risk of heart disease and heart attack. Fiber is also good for removing toxins from the colon which may cause colon cancer.
- Kiwifruit, are good for keeping the blood sugar levels of diabetic patients under control.
Good source of Minerals
- According to Food ranking test, it has been shown as a good source of the minerals potassium, magnesium, copper and phosphorus.
Asthma, Before and After
Protection against Asthma
- Eating vitamin C-rich fruit such as kiwi may help significantly to protect against respiratory symptoms such as asthma.
- Over 18,000 children aged 6-7 years in Italy found that those eating the kiwifruit (5-7 servings per week) had 44% less incidence of wheezing compared to children eating the least. Shortness of breath was reduced by 32%, severe wheeze by 41%, night time cough by 27%, chronic cough by 25%, and runny nose by 28%.
Raw kiwifruit is also rich in the protein dissolving enzyme actinidin as in papain, which is commercially useful as a meat tenderizer. but can be an allergen for some individuals. Reactions to these chemicals include abdominal pain, heartburn, sweating, sore mouth or throat, swelling of the lips, tongue and face. In severe cases, breathing difficulties..
Actinidin also makes raw kiwifruit unsuitable for use in desserts containing milk or any other dairy products. The enzyme soon begins to digest milk proteins.
Kiwi (gooseberry) Nutrients
One cup of gooseberries contains 1.32 grams of protein, 66 calories and over 6.5 grams of dietary fiber.
Potassium - 297 mg
Phosphorus - 40 mg
Magnesium - 15 mg
Calcium - 38 mg
Sodium - 2 mg
Iron - 0.47 mg
Selenium 0.9 mcg
Manganese - 0.216 mg
Copper - 0.105 mg
Zinc - 0.18 mg
Also contains small amounts of other minerals.
Vitamin A - 435 IU
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - 0.06 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - 0.045 mg
Niacin - 0.45 mg
Folate - 9 mcg
Pantothenic Acid - 0.429 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.12 mg
Vitamin C - 41.5 mg
Vitamin E - 0.56 mg
Contains some other vitamins in small amounts.
A Few Serving Ideas
The following are a few quick serving ideas:
- Kiwifruit are delicious and can be eaten as is.
- Add kiwifruit to tossed green salads.
- Serve sliced kiwifruit and strawberries with yogurt.
- Use in fruit tarts for its appearance and flavour.
- Mix 3 kiwifruits, 1/2 cup pineapple bits, 1/2 cup strawberries
together with 1/2 lemon and 1/2 tsp honey.
- Mix 1/2 kiwi juice, 1/2 lemonade. Ice or frozen.
- Mix 1/3 kiwi juice, 1/3 orange juice, 1/3 pineapple juice. Ice or frozen.
- Mix 1/3 kiwi juice, 1/3 orange juice, 1/3 sprite. Ice or frozen.
California Kiwifruit Video
► 4:40► 4:40www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMhiVG6SrEUDec 12, 2010 - Uploaded by calkiwifruitCalifornia Kiwifruit video educates consumers about how to best select and ripen tasty and healthy California ...SrEU
God Provides Fruit Mangosteen for Antioxidant http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/godprovidesfruitmangosteenantioxidant
GOD'S FRUIT: GOJI CURES CANCER http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/godfruitgojicurescancer
GOD'S FRUIT: LONGAN HELPS HEART AND LEG CRAMPS http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/godsfruitlonganhelpsheartlegcrampshttp://einron.hubpages.com
GOD'S FRUIT: PAPAYA PREVENTS PROSTATE CANCER http://einron.hubpages.com/hub/godsfruitpapayapreventsprostatecancer
God's Fruit: Kiwi for Heart, Asthma
Do you agree that kiwi fruit is good for the heart and asthma?
- Growing tropical fruit like pineapples, kiwi fruit a...
When I used to live in the council estate of Ely in Cardiff in South Wales I made the news twice because of exotic fruit I had grown at my house in Parker Place. The first time was for a pineapple I had grown...
- Growing Kiwi Fruit Actinidia Chinensis from Seed
If you'd like to try growing kiwi fruit from seed, you will find it is really easy to do. Buy an actinidia chinensis fruit from the shop (as opposed to the other kiwi variety actinidia deliciosa) and save the...
- Kiwi Fruits
Kiwi fruits are fuzzy -skinned eggshaped fruit known as the Chinese gooseberry was introduced to New Zealand from China.
- How to Grow Actinidia Chinensis, Growing Kiwis from ...
Actinidia chinensis is the botanical name for the kiwi fruit vine and is one of my favorite hot plants. Growing kiwis from seed is simple. Buy a kiwi fruit from your local fruitshop. Take it home and cut it...
© 2011 einron