Harold Camping: The Man Behind the May 21, 2011 Prediction
So, who is Harold Camping to go touring around the county trying to convince anyone that would listen that the world is to end this Saturday May 21, 2011? This self proclaimed multimillionaire bible scholar doesn’t have formal religious training – but he’s not going to let that stop him from telling you that you have a 2% - 3% chance of getting saved by Jesus May 21, 2011, even if you are among the believers. Here are a few reasons why you may want to question Camping’s theories:
- Earned a B.S. degree in 1942 from the University of California, Berkeley– nothing religious about that
- Partnered with Christian based organizations and bought an FM radio station (Family Radio) in San Francisco, California which bans any programs that doesn’t conforms to Camping’s interpretation of the Bible – so much for not claiming “ordained or hierarchical authority”.
- Published 1994?, predicting that Christ will return on September 6, 1994 – and we’re still here
- Out of his six children, 28 grandchildren, and 38 great-grandchildren – nobody believes him but his wife – she’s probably submissive.
- Just like 1994’s prediction – monetary contributions go unaccounted for.
- Camping has no formal religious training (unless you include his short stint as a Sunday school teacher) but proclaims himself as a Bible scholar – rejects perspectives of others.
- May 21st doomsday prediction is based off of Camping’s numerology and not from a concrete revelation in the Bible – manipulates the wording of the Bible to fit his number scheme
- Camping preaches salvation is predetermined by God and cannot be gained by good works or prayer – if so, then why is it called “Judgment Day”, why is the soul to be judged if it has no bearing on salvation
- The bible states that no man knows the day or the hour of the Lord’s return – but Camping is declaring it will be May 21st, 2011, at 6pm.
- Camping teaches that churches have become obsolete, and recommends personal study and following his radio station – he sermons and answers questions on his radio station, sounds like church over the radio
So whatever you have planned Saturday May 21st, 2011 at 6:00pm – don’t cancel as of yet.