- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
God can heal the brokenhearted & binds up their wounds!
God promise in his word to heal the broken heart and to bind up all wounds. I cannot speak for anyone else, but that give me great comfort. Psalm 147: 3 (NIV) “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Isaiah 61: 1 (NIV) “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.” I believe there is healing for the broken hearted and God can reach down into any isolated human being and heal their wounds.
What exactly is a wounded soul? A wounded soul is known as a broken or crushed spirit. According to Proverb 18:14.” A man's spirit sustains him in times of sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear". According to the book of Proverbs 17:22 “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones". What does it mean for a soul to be wounded? It means a hurt or injury to a part of our spirit or any of the faculties of our soul like will, emotions and mind. It means an injury has been done to a dark area of your being. Others cannot see the damage except through your behaviors and how you conduct yourself.
One or more areas inside you get more affected by the hurt than others. The severity of the injury or pain determines its effects on you as an individual. The adverse impacts of a wounded soul can be either physical, spiritual, emotional, social or materialistic. According to the scriptures, a soul that are with wounds is harder to deal with than a body with physical wounds and ailments. When your body is sick, the effect can be reduced if your soul is healthy, but nothing can make your soul lighter. God is more than able to heal a wounded soul and cure a sick spirit.
As the greatest physician, God has all the medications required to mend a broken spirit and heal a wounded soul no matter the cause and severity. Your soul is the fuel of your life. It is important to ensure the soul is as stable as it can be at all times. When the health and well-being of the soul are compromised by any negative experience or circumstances, life becomes broken generally. The body may still look very attractive, healthy and expensive despite the wounds the soul has sustained. A wounded soul is not something felt only by the poor and oppressed; it affects people of all races and classes.
This lends credence to what Jesus said in Luke 12:15, which says "A man's life does not consist of the multitude of his possession.” People over time have rephrased this as "Money cannot buy happiness". There are several people with wounded souls living today. Some have become emotional wrecks, some nervous wretches, and some maniacs while some have become unbalanced all as a result of a wounded soul. Several factors can inflict these injuries on the soul. These factors can be spiritual, financial or social. This is why it is important to allow God to heal the broken spirit and mend the wounded soul.
How can we recognize our wounds? People around us make us understand our wounds. People like our spouses who infuriate us or fail to meet our needs. Our employer or colleague who love to push us beyond our limits. Our kids who go out of their way to do the exact opposite of what we would want them to do, our friends who betray and disappoint us. All these people and others who try to demean or control you make up your path for learning, and are called your teachers. Below are seven tested and trusted steps you can take to heal wounded souls.
Whenever you find yourself faced with inner conflict, begin by finding your neutrality. Never forget all experiences are equal in higher consciousness. Make up your mind you want to be heal as soon as possible and be confident about the whole healing process and the possibility of complete healing.
Love yourself for your humanness and vulnerability. It takes a time to evaluate all your injuries and identify their origins. Do not be in a hurry to move away from any uncomfortable feelings. Permit your knowledge about the wounds in your spirit to come to your consciousness and awareness. Allow yourself some space to feel.
Find your humility, reach for gratitude, and appreciate the recognition that has come to you. Give thanks to God for this opportunity to understand what and how you feel. Feed your powerlessness with acceptance and love. Find scriptures that help lift your spirits and meditate on them as often as you can.
• Show yourself some kindness. Don't judge or blame yourself for your wounded soul or broken spirit. See this as a process and not a race. Most of us have layers to uncover to heal the wounds of our soul. You can only do as much as you can do and not more than that. That is enough. There is no deadline you need to accomplish anything in your life. God will always make whatever you need available to you if only you believe, yearn, pray and patiently work and wait for it.
• Never forget Jesus gave is life so you can live today. Never forget the origin of the wealth you now enjoy. Never forget the source of your health and happiness. Never forget the source of all the love in your life. Despite the wounds people who constitute your learning path inflict on your soul, your abundance of wealth, health, peace, love and happiness come from how well you can relate to the source of all good things-God.
• Acknowledge the unity of human existence and live in its cognizance. There is nothing like us; we are all one. Allow the feeling of natural connection to everything and everyone around you to flow through your spirit and never forget that God knows what you have been through. You are just a single wave in the ocean of life. We all have a connection with everything and everyone around us. Recognize the fact that allowing God to heal you, you heal everything and everyone around you because your wounded soul afflicts their own souls as well. Acknowledge the effect your healthy soul has on the people who love you and the people you love and make efforts to sustain a healthy and lively spirit soul and body.
• Find time to care for yourself mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. This is the best way to stay connected. This is how you cope effectively with the awareness of your wounds when you see them. Always pray to God, who is the source of all powers to help you stay connected with the healing grace that binds up all broken spirits..
In summary, healing for the wounded souls can never be possible without the awareness of the injury and its severity to the wounded, consciousness of the availability of divine healing for all spiritual, emotional and physical injuries, and the desire to be healed. Hold on to the promises of God as contained in the scripture and believe he is using whatever experience you are passing through to make you better and not bitter. It is important you maintain a positive attitude towards your spiritual wounds as it goes a long way to determining how well and how fast these tips and steps work for your particular healing needs.
What breaks you can make another- it all depends on the individual attitudes to problems. I trust God to help you find inner peace and grace to help you in times of need with these helpful tips. No matter what you do or what life shoves at you, just refuse to give up hope because no situation is hopeless enough to make you throw in the towel. If in doubt of what to do, just tell it to your father in heaven who are all knowing and the source of all solutions
Healing for the wounded souls
Have you suffered from a wounded soul? What was your approach?
Allow God to heal the broken heart and bind up the wounded soul!
Mr. Byron Cage - Broken But I'm Healed
I Am The God That Healeth Thee | Don Moen
© 2015 Pam Morris