- Religion and Philosophy
John Titor - Time Traveler Photos
Could John Titor have been a real time traveler?
John Titor was the pseudonym of a person who claimed to be a time traveler from the year 2036. He appeared in internet chat rooms and on message board forums for a few months back in the winter of 2000 to 2001.
Many people believe John Titor's claims about time travel could be valid. I am one of those people.
Of course, there are many scoffers too. I will put up with the jeers and go ahead to tell you exactly what I've learned about John Titor - and why I believe this could be a real time traveler.
The image above is a drawing John Titor sent via the Internet, showing the official insignia of his 2036 time travel military unit. Since Mr. Titor has supposedly returned to the year 2036, it is unlikely he's concerned about copyright issues in the present year. These images have been posted and distributed on various internet sites ever since he disappeared.
More Prophecies of John Titor - What else do we need to know?
- My first experience with war came when I joined a shotgun infantry unit at the age of thirteen. In the 4 years I served as a "rebel", I watched hundreds of people get shot, burn and bleed to death. I know exactly where I was and every detail of the exact moment the first nuclear warheads began falling on Jacksonville.' (November 21, 2000)
- When asked, 'Are you here now to observe the results of the presidential election?' he replied, 'I would use the word "elections" a bit cautiously. Perhaps it's easier now to see a civil war in your future?' (November 11, 2000)
- 'We have cars, just not a whole bunch of them. There is public transportation from city to city.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'The Constitution was changed after the war. We have 5 presidents that are voted in and out on different term periods. The vice president is the president of the senate and they are voted separately.' 'If I could bring some material thing back to your time from 2036, it would be a copy of the new US Constitution.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'Far less medical treatment in the future even though It's more advanced. People die when they know it's time to die. No lasers. Genetic medicine and cloning organs are the obvious new techs in the future.' (November 7, 2000)
Prophecies of John Titor - ...according to his knowledge of our future.
Not all of John Titor's prophecies are included in this list. I include only a few prophecies from the early days of his year 2000 Internet postings. If you want to read his entire collection of writings, please go to my source.
- 'A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people. The people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents.' (November 4, 2000)
- '... the ice caps are not melting any faster than they are now. There is also far less smog and industrial waste in 2036.' (November 6, 2000)
- 'Life is much more rural in the future but "high" technology is used to communicate and travel. People raise a great deal of their own food and do more "farm" work. Yes, compared to now, we do work long hours.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'Yes, there is a post office. The Internet is still alive and well in the future. People spend more time talking because life is more centered on the community. I've noticed the same type of effect here when the power goes off. People tend to come out of their homes and actually spend time with their neighbors. There is a lot more personal trust and less paranoia.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska.' (November 7, 2000)
- '[In the future] Hydrogen fuel cells and more efficient solar cells are big deals. Computer technology and software get MUCH better.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'After the war, early new communities gathered around the current Universities. That's where the libraries were. I went to school at Fort UF, which is now called the University of Florida. Not too much is different except the military is large part of people's life and we spend a great deal of time in the fields and farms at the "University" or Fort.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'Yes, we have cameras. More digital. Film is used like painting is today.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'Yes we have phones but the service is through the web. Most power generation is localized. It amazes me how much power is wasted now. Yes, solar is big. There is thought that a singularity generator could also be used but most people are against it.' (November 7, 2000)
- 'The elderly are highly revered and looked after on a community level. So are orphans. There is always something people can do now matter what. The idea of avoiding work is looked down on. Everyone pulls together to keep the COMMUNITY strong.
'Hats are more common in the future and flashy colors are less common. Dress is much more functional and we "dress up" whenever we get a chance. I have noticed that no one in this time dresses for occasions even when they have the clothes. Why do people wear shorts to church?
'We do not spend nearly the amount of time on our hair as people do now. Women like to wear their hair longer and men have it much shorter. Both sexes shave it all off when they're in active military service.' (November 7, 2000)
The Story of John Titor
...who John Titor was and where he came from.
John Titor told us he was born in 1998. He grew up in Florida, participated in a civil war, and was employed by the military in the year 2036.
He wrote, "When I was 13, I was a soldier. As a teenager, I helped my dad haul cargo. I went to college when I was 31 and I was recruited to 'time travel' shortly after that."
He explained, "In 2036, a great deal of effort is going into 'repairing' our environment. I was sent to 1975 to get a computer system and take it back to 2036."
Later he explained more: "The first 'leg' of my trip was from 2036 to 1975. After two VGL checks, the divergence was estimated at about 2.5% (from my 2036). I was 'sent' to get an IBM computer system called the 5100. It was one the first portable computers made and it has the ability to read the older IBM programming languages in addition to APL and Basic. We need they (sic) system to 'debug' various legacy computer programs in 2036. UNIX has a problem in 2038."
From 1975, he decided to travel to the year 2000 where he was living with his parents and his 2-year-old self.
He traveled back in time in a 1967 Chevy - which he sold in the year 2000. He first saw that car in 2036. It was chosen because his first destination was to be 1975 and the car would be inconspicuous for that time period. His new car was a 1987 4WD, which he planned to return to 2036 in.
John Titor described his life in 2036 in many ways. Here is one paragraph from the collected writings: "My greatest joy is sailing. For fun, I enjoy swimming, playing cards, reading, playing games on the net and talking with people who live in other countries. As a community, we celebrate much more and have bon fires and dances. My hobby is sorting through old magazines and videos of life before the war." He was referring to a civil war in the USA culminating in an attack on America by Russia in 2015.
His observations of life in our civilization during the year 2000 were not flattering: "I watch every day what you are doing as a society. While you sit by and watch your Constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food, buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from millions of people suffering and dying all around you. . . . Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that."
I feel the writings of John Titor are valuable for just that reason, as well as other reasons. Studying what he wrote gives one a chance for introspection, plus gives clues for what we might experience in the near future.
Understand how time-travel works - This is a book for writers, but anyone could learn about time-travel from it.
This book is written by a scientist for lay-persons without much background on how time-travel works.
Writers who want to create science fiction need to have a good basic understanding of the principles of time travel.
This book is a painless way to learn more, because time travel is a real possibility, and of course, it is very popular in fiction!
John Titor suggested that we should own a bicycle... - ...and spare bike tires!
Transportation issues may become serious in the future, and the ability to get around, priceless...
Do you own a bicycle with spare tubes?
About that revolution predicted by John Titor - Did it happen? Will it?
The main reason why people visiting this page don't believe John Titor was a real time traveler is... that a civil war hasn't happened yet.
John Titor, however, was from another dimension, similar to ours, but not exactly the same. He used the term "worldline" to describe his separate reality.
In our worldline, a revolution hasn't taken place, but during the last decade since John Titor appeared online, it has become clear to everyone that a revolution is brewing, and might possibly be in our future. Tensions have escalated exponentially since 2000, back when most people thought the USA was pretty-much a fine place to live.
Many people are trying to keep it in a non-violent form, perhaps in part because we were warned by John Titor before it could happen. Perhaps this is a way a time traveler could disturb a visited worldline.
If you're still not convinced there's a revolution in the USA, you're welcome to watch some of the videos below.
John Titor information sites - A variety of places to learn more.
- John Titor's FAXes to Art Bell
The faxes John Titor wrote to Art Bell of Coast to Coast AM radio.
- John Titor Facebook Fan Page
John Titor, - more than 10,000 likes so far...
- John Titor
- John Titor interview
Interview with a time traveler...
- A skeptic's opinion.
An Internet legend claims that a man named John Titor is a visitor from the year 2036.
- John Titor Times - Lots of Info and Full Text
A very informative site. This expert on John Titor has appeared on Coast to Coast AM.
- A Look At John Titor's Most Popular Predictions
John Titor's story was painted in the dulcet, midnight colors of Coast to Coast AM, driven by a community’s desire to believe that time travel was possible.
The Time Machine
...actual photos of a machine John Titor claimed transported him through time.
On the first day John Titor appeared online, November 2, 2000, he wrote,
"The basics for time travel start at CERN in about a year and end in 2034 with the first "time machine" built by GE."
Later in the day he wrote:
"I saw the posting requesting the basic systems for a gravity distortion system that will allow time travel. Here they are:
1. Magnetic housing units for dual microsignularities.
2. Electron injection manifold to alter mass and gravity of microsingularities.
3. Cooling and x-ray venting system
4. Gravity sensors (VGL system)
5. Main clocks (4 cesium units)
6. Main computer units (3)"
John Titor's Time Travel Machine - Photo #1
John Titor's Time Travel Machine - Photo #2
John Titor's Time Travel Machine - Photo #3
From The Manual
The next image is from the time travel machine's official manual. This is a cutaway view without an explanation of the various parts.
John Titor's Time Travel Machine - Cutaway
About Time Travel - ...things John Titor told us about time travel.
Please understand that I'm unable to include all the time travel information, which is voluminous. If you want to read the entire collection of John Titor writings, please go to my source.
- "While the machine is on, everything is black. When the machine is turned off, it is the reverse affect. It appears you are driving out from a bridge. To tell you the truth, I'm usually sleeping when the unit turns off but yes, it does appear that the world fades in from black." (November 4, 2000)
- "The only real physical trace is a large chunk of ground missing from the point of origin and a large pile of dirt at the destination. The gravity field surrounds a small portion of the earth under you and takes it along for the ride. There is really no way around this." (November 4, 2000)
- "When traveling to other worldlines there is a system of clocks and gravity sensors in the machine that sample the environment before dropping out. It's called VGL, (variable gravity lock). If a cement block were there, the machine would "backtrack" until it sensed relative congruity to the original gravity sample. A great deal of time and effort goes into picking just the right spot since you cannot physically move during a displacement." (November 6, 2000)
- "Time travel is achieved by altering gravity. This concept is already proven by atomic clock experiments. The closer an observer is to a gravity source (high mass), the slower time passes for them." (November 7, 2000)
- "By rotating two electric microsigularities at high speed, it is possible to create and modify a local gravity sinusoid that replicates the affects of a Kerr black hole." (November 7, 2000)
- "The computer system is connected to the unit through an electrical bus. There are actually three computers linked together that take the same signals from the gravity sensors and clocks. They use a Borda error correcting protocol that checks the integrity of the data and trips the VGL system." (November 7, 2000)
- "Personally, I think 'UFOs' might be time travelers with very sophisticated distortion units." (November 7, 2000)
- "It is thought that being close to a gravitational field has a biological effect on all matter including cells. The effect is to slow the movement of electrons in the orbits of their nucleus, which slows the mechanical and biological functions of the observer close to the gravity. Thus the passing of time is a local phenomenon depending on how close you are to a gravitational source." (November 17, 2000)
References - ...where I got this information.
- John Titor - Time Traveler
I got most of the information for this lens from JohnTitor.Com.
- John Titor at Amazon
I got a little bit of the information from Amazon.Com.
- John Titor at Wikipedia
There's also a John Titor page on Wikipedia. I will add to the reference list as I do more research about John Titor.
Time Travel - is it really possible?? - What's your opinion?
Do you believe time travel is really possible?
More About Time Travel
I'm keeping this lens focused on John Titor and his information only, but the book you see below will provide a broader spectrum of time travel information. I'm planning another lens about time travel but that will involve a lot of research on my part so I don't expect it published right away.