Major Events in the Bible
What Are the Major Events in the Bible?
The Bible is made up of major events, if you have been following my lenses then you know that this is the next step of our bible studies, which introduces you to the most important events that have happened in the Bible. In this section, you will learn names of these events in chronological order.
Why is this important?
The reason is because Christianity is a religion of historical happenings, knowing the major events will help you to match the Bible events with historical things that have actually happened in the past. You will see that the Bible is true to Historical Events and you will enjoy reading it that much more.
Another reason you need to know the major events of the Bible is because it will help you with your bible study, It gives you smaller chunks of the bible, this way you can study a little at a time, instead of trying to study everything at once. In fact, once you have learned all the different events, you will have a basic understanding of what you can expect in the Bible and you will have a great history lesson.
Good Luck in your studies
Bible Study Aids
The Fall of Man
The first things that happen is the creation and the fall of man, these events happen some time around 3958 BC. This is true, if you are count the dates literally that are given in the bible, from a historical standpoint and when looking at the different occurrences that happen. In this period God creates the heavens, the Earth, and all the living with man being the last and most important of the creations. He then gives man dominion over all the beasts that roam the Earth.
This section or time includes the stories of Adam and Eve and the fall, as well as man being condemned to death.
1. God Creates
2. Man is Created
3. Man is Given the Garden of Eden
4. Man is Given the First Command -Not to eat from the tree
5. Man is give Woman- his equal companion
6. The Serpent tempts the woman
7. Man and Woman eat of the tree
8. Man and Woman tell God they are naked
9. Man, Woman and Serpent is Cursed
10. Jesus is Prophesizied
11. Humans kicked out of Paradise
12. Cain Murders Abel
13. Cains family is listed
14. Seth is Born
15. Genealogy is listed up until the birth of Noah
16. Sons of God take wives ( the belief is these are Angels)
17. Giants are Born
18. Noah is Born
A Look at God's Creation
Noah and the Flood
If you take the time to count the number of years from the Fall of Man to the Flood, you will find that there is approximately 1656 years, which puts the flood at approximately 2302 BC. This book starts with the knowledge that of all the sinful people on the Earth, there was one man who is good with God, who God is pleased with. This man named Noah, God is happy with and he decides when he does destroy the Earth, this man was going to live. This is the next important topic in the bible.
1. God is pleased with Noah
2. God instructs Noah how to construct the Ark
3. Animals of all kinds are loaded to the Ark
4. Noah and family stay on the Ark
5. The Ark lands on the Mountains of Ararat
6. Ham sins against his Father
7. Nations that are born from Noah's decendants
8. Language separates nations at the Tower of Babel
9. Descendants of Shem and Terah
10. Birth of Abraham
Noah's Ark Found!
The next important happening in the Bible is God's Covenant with Abraham which happened approximately in 1875BC. This event covers everything that happens during Abraham's life and lead right up to the Birth of Moses. The Promises of God to his people are very important to the happenings throughout the rest of the Old and the New Testament, so pay close attention to this particular area.
1. Terah becomes a father to a son named Abram
2. Abram marries Sarai
3.Abram is told to leave his home and father's house
4. God promises to make Abraham a great nation
5. Abraham leaves and takes his nephew Lot with him
6. God shows Abraham the land he plans for him
7. Abraham goes to Egypt during the Famine
8. Abraham passes Sarai off as his sister
9. Abraham and Lot separate
10. Abraham gets Canaan and Lot gets Sodom and Gomorrah
11. Lot is Captured and Abraham rescues him
12. Abraham gives tithes to Melchizedek
13. God makes a covenant with Abram that his children would be blessed and inherit the land
14. Sarai gives Abram Hagar to wife and she gives him a son named Ishmael
15. Every male is circumsized
16. Abram becomes Abraham, and Sarai becomes Sarah and says kings will come from her
17. Angel predicts Sarah will have a son by next year and Sarah laughs because she is old.
18. God shares his plan to destroy Sodom and Abraham intercedes
19. Lot is saved and Sodom is destroyed
20. Lot's Wife looks back and becomes salt
21. Lot's Daughters trick him into getting them pregnant
22. Abraham lies to Abimelech about Sarah being his sister, but God keeps him from taking her as wife
23. Isaac is born
24. Hagar and Ishmael are kicked out by Sarah
25. God makes provisions for Hagar and Ishmael
26. Abraham is told to sacrifice his son
27. Isaac, Abraham's son is spared because of his faith.
28. Sarah dies
29. Abraham find Isaac a wife from his family
30. Rebekah and Isaac are married
31. Abraham takes another wife Keturah
32. Abraham dies and is buried
33. Jacob and Esau are born
34. Esau sell his birthright and blessing to his brother
35. Esau receives a blessing, that eventually he would be freed from slavery
36. Rebekah sends Jacob away
37. Jacob dreams of the ladder leading to Heaven
38. Jacob Meets Rachel and is told he must work 7 years for her hand
39. Jacob is tricked and made to marry Leah and must work an additional 7 years for Rachel
40. Jacob has children, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Gad, Asher, Naphtali, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph and a daughter Dinah
41. Laban and Jacob make a deal
42. Jacob runs away from Laban's house
43. Laban accuses Jacob of stealing his gods
44. Laban makes a deal with Jacob
45. Esau and Jacob make up
46. Jacob goes to Canaan
47. Dinah is violated, boy wants to marry girl after violating her, brothers say only if all men are circumcised. After all men are circumcised and weak the men go in and killed all of the males, and plundered their possessions
48. Jacob goes back to Bethel
49. Jacob becomes Israel (thus the Hebrew people become the children of Israel)
50. Rachel Dies in childbirth with her son Benjamin
51. Isaac dies
52. Esau's genealogy is given
53. Joseph has a dream
54. Brothers sell Joseph
55. The story of Judah and Tamar
56. Joseph is a slave
57. Joseph reads the dream of a prisoner
58. Joseph reads the dreams of the Pharaoh
59. Joseph becomes very powerful
60. Joseph's brothers go to Egypt for Help
61. Josephs brothers return home to bring back their brother
62. Joseph sees Benjamin his younger brother and let's his brothers leave again
63. Joseph plants his cup on his brothers
64. Joseph reveals himself to his brothers
65. Jacob comes to Egypt
66. Jacob lives in Goshen
67. Joseph helps everyone during the famine
68. The son's of Joseph are blessed
69. Jacobs prophesies for each of his sons
70. Jacob dies
71. Joseph dies
Jacob - Hebrew
Old Testament Study Aids
Favorite Major Event in the Old Testament
Which Biblical Event is Your Favorite In the Old Testament
The Exodus and the initial Laws
This next event speaks of a people (the Hebrews) being liberated from Egypt, it speaks of how God makes provisions for his people, and the crossing of the desert. The events in this section are a great teaching for students who want to learn about Moses and the law he brought to the people.
1. The people of Israel are in Egypt
2. Bad king subjects people to harsh treatment to weaken their numbers
3. Pharaoh orders death of Hebrew boys
4. A child is born to a Levi couple
5. Daughter of Pharaoh adopts Hebrew boy and names him Moses
6. Moses murders Egyptian for abusing his countrymen and must flee
7. Moses marries daughter of Midian Priest and has a son named Gershom
8. Angel of the Lord comes to Moses in a Burning bush
9. God tells Moses what he wants him to go to the Pharaoh
10. Aaron to speak for Moses
11. Pharaoh laughs at Moses
12. Pharaoh makes the work harder for the Hebrews because Moses came to him.
13. People come to Moses and complains and he returns to God in prayer and God renews his promises to Moses.
14. Genealogies of Aaron and Moses are given.
15. God Gives Moses his plan and Moses goes back to the Pharaoh
16. Moses does some miracles with God's help
17. Pharaoh says No!
18. The blood plague
19. The frog plague
20. The lice plague
21. The fly plague
22. The Cattle Plague
23. The Boils Plague
24. The Hail Plague
25. The Locust Plague
26. The Darkness Plague
27. The Passover directions
28. The Death of the First born of Egypt
29. 600,000 Hebrew men and their families leave Egypt
30. The Hebrews are informed the Pharaoh will be coming and given instructions
31. Pharaoh on his way and God puts up a smoke screen
32. God parts the Red Sea and the people of Israel cross
33. Egyptians are drowned
34. Moses Sings, then Miriam and the women sing to glorify the work of the Lord.
35. God provides sweet water in Marah
36. In the Wilderness of Sin God provides the people with manna (food) and quail.
37. Water from a Rock
38. Israel goes to war against Amalek
39. Moses is told to write the things that he sees
40. Jethro comes to visit his son in law Moses, bringing Moses wife and children to him.
41. Judges are appointed over the people
42. Israel goes to Mount Sinai
43. The 10 commandments and many other laws
44. God sets 3 feasts
45. The Tabernacle and all of its parts
46. Laws concerning the clothing of the Priests
47. Aaron and his sons will be made consecrated priests
48. Sacrifices directions and orders
49. Choosing of the Craftsmen
50. The Tablets are written by God
51. The Golden Calf construction
52. Moses breaks the Tablets
53. The sinners are slain (about 3000 men)
54. Moses speaks to God face to face (for the people who would argue this point, it is Exodus 33:11)
56. The tablets are replaced
57. God gives his covenant
58. God warns the nation of Israel about the people of Canaan
59. Holy days observed and sacrifices made
60. Tabernacle actually built
Study About Exodus
Parting of the Red Sea Video
Leviticus and Numbers
In this area, you will again find God's people getting the laws and the different offerings that God gave to Moses in the Old Testament. Leviticus and Numbers, are filled with types of offerings, feasts and laws. In addition the book of Numbers tells you about the numbers of the men who were counted among those who could go off to war. In this area you learn about the guidance that God gives his people.
1. Burnt offering laws
2. Laws regarding the meat offerings and how they should be distributed
3. Peace offering laws
4. Sin offering laws
5. Laws pertaining to the whole congregation
6. The Trespass offering laws
7. More laws about the different offerings
8. Rules about the Priest's portion
9. Rules about clean animals and unclean animals
10. Rules pertaining to purification
11. How to recognize and treat the disease of leprosy
12. More information about personal cleanliness, particularly for women
13. Day of Atonement and the Feast of Expiations
14. Overview of forbidden acts
15. The punishments for those forbidden acts
16. Importance of Priests remaining holy as well as the offerings being holy
17. Different feasts that the people should observe
18. Sabbath years and jubilee years explanation
19. How to treat the poor and servants
20. A warning against worshiping Idols (no graven images)
21. Explanations of how you will be blessed if you are obedient and how you will be punished if you are disobedient
22. information about Tithing
23. Numbers of men who could go off to war
24. How the leaders were separated
25. The occupations of the Levites and the number of them during this particular time from the census.
26. Getting rid of the unclean in the camps of God's people
27. Laws regarding compensation
28. Passover observed
29. The tabernacle cloud and the trumpets of silver
30. Israel leaves the Wilderness of Sinai
31. The meeting of the 70 elders
32. Aaron and Miriam talk behind Moses back to the people, Miriam gets leprosy and is kicked out the the camp for seven days, but she is healed and allowed to re-enter the camp.
33. Spies go to check out Canaan
34. People rebel, Moses speaks to God, God punishes Israel
35. More laws about offerings
36. The rebellion of Korah
37. The Rod of Aaron
38. Miriam dies
39. God makes water come from a rock
40. Aaron dies
41. Israel is attacked by the Canaanites, God protects the Israelites and they are able to defeat the Canaanites.
42. The fiery serpent
43. Story of Balak and Balaam
44. information about the tribe of Levi
45. Inheritance laws
46. More information about offerings
47. The defeat of the Midians
48. The inheritance of Gad and Reuben
49. Journeys in the Wilderness
50. More laws concerning inheritance, murder, bloodshed, inheritance of women, and rules about marriage.
Final Book of Moses
Deuteronomy is the final book written by Moses, many believe that he did not complete this book and that some unnamed author carried out this writing as Moses died at some time during this time. The book of Deuteronomy continues the story of the Law that was given to Moses and brings us right up to the life of Joshua.
1. Moses reminds the people of all the promises made by God.
2. Judges appointed and given direction
3. Israel is punished by God and defeated in Hormah.
4. More years in the wilderness
5. Israel conquers two areas, Sihon and Og the King of Bashan
6. Israel is warned about falling into the trap of idolatry
7. 10 commandments repeated
8. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
9. Rules about disobedience.
10. Blessings for being obedient.
11. Canaan nations destroyed
12. The promised land is blessed
13. More information about the place of worship and more warnings about idolatry.
14.Rules about clean and unclean food, tithing, seven years of debt, and servant's treatment.
15. 3 feasts
16. The promise of a prophet
17. Laws about being a witness.
18. Laws about war, crime and other laws.
19. Laws about chastity, sanitation, intimacy, running of a household, and more on keeping servants.
20. Offerings, such as first fruits and tithes
21. Building of an alter and curses in Mount Ebal
22. More blessing of obedience and curses of disobedience.
23. Joshua chosen to take Moses Place
24. Law put in the ark of coventant.
25. Moses sings a song.
26. Moses sees promise land.
27. Moses gives a blessing
28. Moses dies
29. Joshua takes over.
Coming Soon Part Two of this lesson. Hope you will join us. Praise God!