- Religion and Philosophy»
- Exploring Religious Options
Meditation and the Divine Presence
Meditation, Prayers and the Sacred
Meditation for Connecting To the Divine
The Divine is present as an energy which sustains you. One of the chief illusions that we have is materialism and a view which restricts reality to only that which can be established by our senses. Meditation will help animate your reality with the presence of the Divine.
Several spiritual traditions rely on devotion as a path for spiritual fulfilment. Devotion means to engage with love; it helps direct your mystical experience.
A directed prayer or a non-directed prayer is also vital tool in your mediation kit. In a directed prayer you ask God for a specific thing happen. It is a powerful device for healing. A no-directed prayer is open ended. It does not ask for a particular outcome to happen. You say ‘Thy will be done’.
Prayers help you to focus on what you are praying for and how to want to connect with the Divine.
Meditation and God
Meditation can be a very powerful spiritual tool; grounding you physically, mentally and psychologically. You are an ‘ordinary’ human being, but you can get enlightened. When you achieve enlightened, you become all-knowing and free from negativity and unconstructiveness. You become the quintessence of wisdom and consideration.
Technique to Invoke the Scared
Learn to meditate and practice waiting for God in silence;this technique will expand your understanding of the Divine and bring you closer to Him.
- Sit cross legged on the floor or on a chair. Breathe deeply for a few minutes to focus your mind, and to calm and center yourself.
- Ask God to be with you. Meditate on the thought that the Sacred is omnipresent and present at all times.
- Ask him or her to be with you so that you can bring him or her in to your everyday consciousness. You are doing this because you tend to forget about His presence in your daily life. Remember that the Divine dwells within you.
- Mull over the fact that God resides in all beings. Divine energy animates the universe.
- Meditation, practice and prayer, together will help unfold the true nature of the Sacredness.
- Commit to reanimating your life with recognition of the Divine presence.
- Slowly, come back to everyday awareness.
Mediation helps you to bring devotion in to your spiritual path and empowers you to grow spiritually. When dealing with day to day problems, this meditation can help promote hope and resilience as well as relieve suffering. It encourages your contemplation of your meaning of the Sacred and supports spiritual maturity.
When seeking the Divine, you could explore a host of meditations which have been inspired by a variety of spiritual traditions – Buddhism, Native American, Jewish, Catholic or Hindu.
These meditations will spark your imagination, expand your understanding of a Supreme Power and help you ponder over the significance of the Sacred in your life.