- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
Teachings Of Abraham Hicks, Are They Really Crazy?
Leaving It To The Law of Attraction
15 Crazy Teachings of Abraham
You and I know it's feel good advice that's easy to follow. But have we thought these teachings through?
The simplicity and ease, the qualities that make them easy to follow, the dumbing down of more complicated concepts pioneered by others, may be what makes their all too frequent craziness possible.
No, they're not all crazy.
The core teaching started reasonably enough with borrowed (and uncredited) wisdom from respected sources, just enough to explain how, with the right hooks, it all got so popular.
What is known as the law of attraction, however vague, resonates with many people because we sense something true in it. It's the hash Esther Hicks makes out of it when she goes unhinged in front of live audiences that provides a home for the craziness.
Birds of a feather really do flock together, and most of us believe we've attracted things into our lives sometimes, more or less, out of the blue, just from thinking, imagining, praying or wishing.
But it's what Jerry and Esther Hicks did with the century old idea they sought (unsuccessfully) to claim as their own that sometimes trips the laugh machine.
What Can Your Learn from an Objective Look at Abraham-Hicks?
You might be surprised at what the Abraham-Hicks' Teachings really say? Did you know that all deaths are suicides? Or that any illness is brought in as an excuse by the person getting sick and, if they wanted, they could get well right away.
Forget what you think you know. Here is what they really say.
15 Crazy Teachings Of Abraham-Hicks - Law of Attraction Their Way
Except for the first teaching, these are in no special order. The first used to be their core teaching, which earns it bullet point one.
15 Crazy Teachings of Abraham
- "You get what you think about, whether you want it or not." I can't speak for anyone else, but I used to think about growing my hair back all the time. Guess what happened. This happened to a lot of other one-time followers, and after Esther heard the chorus of complaints (paraphrased as "Where's my stuff?), she had an answer: "You're not letting it in."So, it wasn't simply a law of attraction that yielded whatever you thought about. You also had to let it in. If your new Porsche, perfect partner or shower of cash didn't show up, you couldn't blame the law of attraction, it was your fault.Ultimately, Esther had to invent "the vortex," which is where all your goodies had already been delivered by the law of attraction, just as promised, waiting for just the right moment when you could let them in. Work on that vibration, baby. When you've got it right, the riches will roll right in.
- "You will never find yourself in a point in time when the subject of relationships is not an active part of your now experience, for everything you perceive or notice or know is because of your relationship with something else. Without a comparative experience, you would be unable to perceive or focus any kind of understanding within yourself. Therefore, it is accurate to say that without relationships you could not exist at all." Excerpted from the book, The Vortex, Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships # 429So, according to Esther/Abraham, no one has ever had an original, independent thought. And "comparative experience" is the only way to understand yourself.
- "There is no state of physical decline or damage that you could not recover from-none-not any, if you knew it... If you wanted it and knew that you could. And that's those miracles that they talk about every day. They're not miracles at all, they are the natural order of things. But because they are rare, people think they are miraculous. They're not. That's the way it is supposed to be. You're supposed to thrive." San Diego, CA on Saturday, February 23rd, 2002She hasn't explained why, now that we know that we can - because she's told us - none of us has yet reversed or even halted the process of aging. Her husband and mentor, Jerry couldn't pull off one of "those miracles that they talk about every day" when stricken with leukemia, even though he'd been snuggling with Abraham every night for twenty-five years.
- Speaking of Jerry Hicks critical illness: "It is not attention to lack of wellness that makes you sick. It is attention to the lack of many things. Chronic attention to unwanted things holds you in a place of disallowing your physical well-being, as well as disallowing the solutions to other things you are focused upon. If you would focus your attention upon the experience of physical well-being as much as you focus upon the absence of it, not only would your recovery come quickly, but maintaining your physical well-being and balance would also be easy." From "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Health, Wealth and Happiness"Of course, in 2001 in San Rafael, CA, she also said, "If you get a diagnosis that is not what you want to hear, the tendency is to say, "Oh, my god! How did I get so far away from something I want so much?" And we say, it isn't big like that at all - it's just a series of little things. It is the, 'I could choose this thought which feels good, or this thought which doesn't feel so good. But I've developed a pattern for what doesn't feel good. And so, it is the daily dose of not being in the receiving mode that keeps me not in the receiving mode.' And that's all that it is!"Why didn't she just tell him, instead of driving him to all those tedious (unsuccessful) chemotherapy sessions? Maybe he wasn't "letting it in," just putting up with chemo and other therapies for the experience of its failing.
- "Your point of power is right here. And we would like to speak on behalf of Seth, and God and Jesus and Buddha and all that have come before, and take it one step further into clarity and say that all of us from non-physical are having this moment - are you having the moment too? Or are you depriving yourself of the moment with some practiced thought that is out of whack with the longer practiced thought that Source holds?" San Diego Workshop, January 2012 Esther/Abraham "would like to speak on behalf of Seth, and God and Jesus and Buddha," not to mention "all that have come before." This is excessive, I think. Speaking on behalf of just God probably would've covered it pretty well.
- "When doctors and scientists try to find cures for diseases without taking into consideration the Vibrational relationship between the physical Being and Source Energy, they are looking for cures in all the wrong places. If the resistance that disallowed the Well-Being to begin with is not released, it will show up in the form of another and another disease. Your cells, because of their connection to the intelligence of Source Energy, know exactly what to do in order to become the incredible variety of functioning cells in your magnificent physical body. And in the absence of the hindrance that is caused by your resistant negative thought, that communication stays open to clear, up-to-the-moment interaction, keeping your physical body at peak and perfect performance." From the Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditation CD and User Guide Did you doctors and scientist get that? Were you paying attention to Esther/Abraham? Studying viruses, genetics and toxins is a waste of your time. Look for those resistant thoughts that people bring on to mess up their vibrational relationship. Make them stop, and everything will be okay! When I think about all the money being wasted on medical research when the answer is so simple... can't even stand to think about it.
- "Babies Are Thinking and Attracting Before They Are Speaking... Even though you are only months old in your physical body, you are a very old and wise creator focused in that baby's body. And you came with powerful intentions to experience contrast and to launch clear rockets of desire into your Vibrational Reality for the purpose of expansion. People often assume that because a child is not yet offering words, the child could not be the creator of its own experience, but it is our promise to you that no one else is creating your experience. Children emanate Vibrations which are the reason for what they attract - even from their time of birth." from the book, The Vortex, Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative RelationshipsIn case you missed it, this is how Esther/Abraham explains child abuse and infant illnesses. The children bring it on themselves by "thinking and attracting" before they are speaking. There are hundreds of followers who believe this stuff and pay big bucks to give them cover in public.
- "No one can deny you anything. Only you deny it through your vibrational contradiction." from the workshop in Boca Raton, FL on Sunday, January 12th, 1997Someone get this news to Ron Paul as fast as you can. He still wants to be president, and all he needs to do is shut down that vibrational contradiction of his. I think I should also tell my friend Michelle who wants to have her legs back. She probably doesn't know she's been vibrationally contradicting herself. Oops!
- "As you practice your more positive, better-feeling story, in time your pleasure will become the dominant vibration within you, and then as you couple your pleasure with your means of earning, the two will blend perfectly and enhance each other. There is no better way to earn money than to do the things that you love to do. Money can flow into your experience through endless avenues. It is not the choice of the craft that limits the money that flows-but only your attitude toward money." From "Money and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Health, Wealth and Happiness"So, I'm wondering why all those arts and crafts people struggle to make a living all the time, doing what they love. Just not taking enough time to practice that more positive, better feeling story, which would of course allow the money to flow right in, I guess. How come they haven't figured this out or got Esther/Abraham's message before? Get out there and buy some books, people!
- "Any illness, or departure from physical well-being, begins at a cellular level - but the overwhelming propensity of your cells is that of thriving. All day, every day, your cells are reclaiming balance at such refined and subtle levels that most people are completely unaware of the power and intelligence of their cellular bodies. Focusing upon good-feeling objects of attention is the most effective way of providing the optimum environment for allowing unhindered cellular communication and the ultimate thriving of your physical body." From the Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditation CD and User GuideAnd all this time, we thought it was medical therapies. Makes you wonder why, when Jerry Hicks got sick, he ran after chemotherapy like his pants were on fire when all he really needed to do was focus "upon good-feeling objects of attention." You know, set it up for the cells to do the job, quick and easy.
- "Illness or pain is just an extension of negative emotion. When you are no longer feeling any resistance to it, it's a non-issue." San Rafael, CA - 8/3/02Salt your meditations on this with the news that this means childbirth, kidney stones, migraines and injuries - pains from all of these are just signs of negative emotions. When you stop resisting whatever, it's a non-issue. Discard the aspirins, codeine and all other pain killers. Esther/Abraham to the rescue.
- "Your action has nothing to do with your abundance! Your abundance is a response to your vibration. Of course, your belief is part of your vibration. So if you believe that action is part of what brings your abundance, then you've got to unravel that." Chicago, IL on Saturday, April 24th, 1999Got that? What you do, whether it's making sales calls or creating the fastest processor on the planet, it has nothing to do with your abundance. You need to vibrate better, and you don't have to do any of that other crap. I only wish I knew this while I was getting slightly rich in sales. I could just easily let all the other hustling sales people wear themselves out while I sat back in my chair, practicing my good vibration and watching the abundance flow my way.
- "Physical pain is just an extension of emotion. It's all the same thing. There are two emotions. One feels good and one feels bad. Which means, you're connected to your Energy Stream or you're not allowing your Energy Stream." Phoenix, AZ on Sunday, April 5th, 1998See above. There are only two emotions, get it? And you are either allowing your Energy Stream or you're not..." Wait a minute. What energy stream? Esther/Abraham seems to have gone askew during one of her hour long rambles. Starts talking about distinctly different things. Now, if you understand that, please explain about there being only two emotions, one of which feels good, the other bad.
- "We're going to give you a very powerful statement: Everything that you will some day live, in terms of life experience - and by some day, we mean as soon as right now, tomorrow, the next day, or some day - anything that you will some day live, you have first imagined. Because nothing will manifest in your experience without the imagination process happening first." Houston, TX on Saturday, January 5th, 2002Note that his insight was shared less than four months after the World Trade Center Disaster and during a time when Esther/Abraham was being challenged about some of her more bizarre claims. On September 11, 2001, according to Esther, almost 3,000 people imagined themselves on jetliners crashing head-on into towers a thousand feet up, being trapped so far above the fire they had to chose between jumping to their deaths or being burned alive or rushing up stairs on rescue missions to get trapped in collapsing buildings. There's more - all those thousands who lost loved ones that day, they first imagined it too. No joke here. It makes me want to puke that this band of followers just kept listening and ponying up cash for more...
- "You say, 'May I have...?' or, 'I would really like to have...?' or, 'What I really want is...?' and you can name anything under the sun that you can conjure, and the Universe calmly says, 'Here it is,' because it is known by All-That-Is that anything that you desire-can be. So, 'Yes, here it is.'" Kansas City, MO on Wednesday, September 15th, 2004Okay, so I'm conjuring that Esther/Abraham will tell the truth to her followers, close up shop and go away forever. Just waiting for the Universe to say, "Yes, here it is."Wait, someone's knocking on my door. Gotta run!
The Abraham-Hicks Polll - Crazy or Wise?
True or false: the Teachings of Abraham are Really Crazy
Let's slug it out.
Do you think the teachings of Abraham-Hicks offer real truth and insight?
© 2012 David Stone