- Religion and Philosophy
THE NAME OF JESUS' CHURCH
Name of the Almighty Lord
The name of the church of Jesus Christ is intrinsically important because it is the power of the almighty God from above. It is above all names because all power, blessing and praise have been given to the church. Thus the name of the church has exclusive rights over all other names.
A father passes his surname to his son, grandson and greatgrand sons, etc. The church of Jesus Christ is about 2000 years old, but when you look at the name of the churches that use the name of Jesus, you will, indeed be very disappointed. Christians around the world claim to be the true Christians, but the name they have chosen for their churches fail to show that their church belongs to Jesus Christ.
God had been very specific in the Bible that He will choose to put His name there in the church that He chooses.
2 Chronicles 12:13, 1 Kings 14:21
- ....the city which the Lord had chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, to put his name there.
- But unto the place which the Lord your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there, even unto his habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shall come.
- We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God, we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfil all thy petitions.
- For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.
2 Samuel 7:13
- He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
- Stand up and bless the Lord your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise (
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe .
- But if turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.
Wonderful Name of Christ
- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God. The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
- Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth: And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns, and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
- And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, that no man knew, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Establishment of Jesus' Church
Jesus came to earth about 2000 years ago and established His church on the day of Pentecost 50 days after His death. Jesus had taught His disciples all the importance and significant facts of His saving grace, love, truth, humility, obedience, the significance of the Holy Spirit, and forgiveness. For the next 300 years or so, the Church has observed the Sabbath of the Lord (Genesis 2:2,3) until 381 AD when the Roman Catholic Church was established by Emperor Constantine.
Establishment of Churches
1. Roman Catholic Church - 313 (1.181 billion) Census of 2011 at the end of Annuario Pontificio 2009
Legalisation of Christianity by Emperor Constantine in 313.
- For the next 300 years or so, the Church has observed the Sabbath of the Lord (Genesis 2:2,3) until 381 AD when the Roman Catholic Church was established by Emperor Constantine. The name of the church does not glorify the name of Jesus Christ. The word "Roman" means the church came from Rome, Italy, and the adjective "Catholic" embraces all, all-inclusive, broad-minded, charitable, global, and world-wide.
2. Lutheran Church - 1521 (73.8 million)
- The church is named after Martin Luther who launched the Protestant Reformation with 95 Thesies against the Roman Catholic Church. In 1521 the Roman Catholics began with the Edict of Worms officially excommunicated Luther and his followers. If you are a Lutheran, you are a follower of Martin Luther. The emphasis is on Luther, not Jesus
3. Anglican - The English Church - 1246 (80 million)
- Henry VIII broke with the Church of Rome in the 1529 because of his divorce from his first wife, Catherine of Aragon because she could not produce a son. The Anglican Communion is an association of national and regional Anglican churches. The church does not imply any connection to Christ! Henry III became head of the Anglican Church.
4. Baptist - 1609 Amsterdam (100 million)
- Doctrine is that baptism should be performed only for believers as opposed to infant baptism and done by immersion with John Symth as pastor. Emphasis is on baptism. In 1609, Amsterdam, John Symth advocated the doctrine that baptism should be performed only for believers as opposed to infant baptism and done by immersion. Again the church does not emphasis the name of Jesus, but stressed on the method of baptism.
5. Methodist - 1738 (75 million)
- John Wesley, an Anglican priest, evangelism revival movement Anglicanism, a movement of Protestant Christianity. Not by rules and own efforts at self perfection, but by faith in God. Stress is on method.
6. Presbyterian - 1560 (40 million)
- Scottish Parliament adopted the Protestant confession of Faith as the creed of the Scottish Kingdom. Presbyterian refers to a particluar form of church government. The church is governed by elders: teaching elders, who are ordained ministers or pastors and ruling elders elected from the ranks of the church. In each congregation these elders with a minister at their head as moderator form the session with supreme authority in all spiritual matters in the local church. The Presbyterian Church represents a form of church government and bears no relation to our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Seventh-Day Adventist - 1863 (17 million)
- A Seventh-day Adventist accepts Christ as his personal Saviour, walks in obedience to the will of God. As a Bible-loving Christian, he seeks to pattern his life according to the teachings of the Bible. Their greatest contribulation is the keeping of the Sabbath (Genesis 2:2-3). "The Seventh-day Adventist Church came out of the Millerite movement of the 1830 and 1840s, during the period of the Second Great Awakening, officially founded in 1863. Over the ensuing decades the church expanded from its original base in New England to become an international organization. Significant developments in the 20th century led to its recognition as a Christian denomination." Keeping the Sabbath is only one of the commandments of love. To be a follow of Christ, one must obey the Lord completely.
8. Pentecostal - 1901 (130 million)
- Charles Fox Parham started a school near Topeka. Kansas where he taught speaking in tongues was scriptural. In 1906 he preached the Azusa Street Revival.
Assemblies of God - 1914 (63, million)
9. Quaker (Friends Church) - mid 17th century England (358,923) - 2011
- Some meet for silent worship - no leader and no fixed program. Refusing to participate in war, anti-slavery movement, refusing to swear oaths, addressing everyone as thee and thou.
Church of Brethren, Mennonites and Amish - simple living, clothing.
10. Jehovah Witnesses - 1879 (6.4 million)
- Does not believe in Trinity or Jesus is God.
11. Non-Denominational Churches
True Jesus Church - 1917 (2.5 million)
- Indigenous Chinese Church - 3rd largest Chinese Church in China before communists took over (1973 British Encyclopedia). 1. One True God - Non Trinitarian. 2. Holy Spirit - Speak in Tongues. 3. Sabbath Day. 4. Baptisim in God made waters. 5.Holy Communion. 6. Foot Washing. 7. The Bible 8. Salvation 9. The Church - established by the Lord Jesus in the latter rain. 10. Second Coming will take place on the Last Day when Jesus returns to judge the world.
- This church emphasizes the name of Jesus and accepts the teachings of the Bible embracing the different concepts of teaching in the Bible.
- Association of Vineyard Church - 1975 (140,000 - 2004) 1500 congregations
- Bread of Life - 1982 (100,000)
- Christian Congregation in the United States - 1980 (2,000)
It is impossible to list all the names of the churches for there are 40,965 denominations in the world. All churches achieve some good for their congregation building schools, hospitals, helping the needy, etc. However, each has his own agenda and the majority of the churches forget that the emphasis should concentrate on the whole character of Jesus Christ, His love, compassion, strength, humility, forgiveness to name a few. Every bit is important and should not be ignored. The name of Jesus is exceptionally important for His name saves the sinner, heals the sick, restores life to the dead, casts out evil spirits and performs extraordinary miracles.
What is the name of your church? The Catholic Church, Lutheran Church, Baptist Church, Presbyteran Church, Mormon Church, and True Jesus Church.
So what should all Christans do in the final last days? Pray to God to remedy the wrong done to the perfect Name of Jesus. As adopted children of God, we should bear the name of Jesus and none other. God bless!
THE NAME OF JESUS' CHURCH
The name of the church should bear the name of Jesus for Jesus is our salvation. There is no other name that can save us.
- To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem.
- And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.
- The Lord shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there.
- So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain.
Prophecy: Isaiah 4:1 Seven Women & One Man http://hubpages.com/hub/prophecy-isaiah
40.965 DENOMINATIONS FOLLOW JESUS http://hubpages.com/hub/40965denominationsfollowjesus
THE PERFECT JESUS CHURCH http://hubpages.com/hub/perfectjesuschurch
- With Jesus Christ In The Situation You Will Have A H...
I was hub reading today when I noticed a question. What makes a life happy? I thought, Oh I will quickly put my 'wisdom' in and move on. Typical, silly me tends to be a bit long winded, if you have not...
- The Jesus Church and the Adulteress Church
The Jesus Church is a glorious church, without spot or wrinkle. Anything unlike this is the Adulteress church. The Jesus Church demolishes the gates of hell. Anything unlike this is the Jezebel church....
© 2011 einron