- Religion and Philosophy»
- Paganism & Witchcraft
THE NATURE OF SATAN
Originally Satan was an angel but he was expelled from heaven because of his various sins. His great sin was pride in his beauty and his heart wanted to excel his throne above the stars of God and be like the Almighty God.
Pride is the great sin that Satan possesses in his heart for his pride overshadows the truth that it was God who created him and no created creature can excel the creator. The pot created cannot say to the potter, "I am as powerful as you." We are only clay in the potter's hands. Beauty is but skin deep and only in the eyes of the beholder. One person may see the rose as the most beautiful flower, but another may prefer the lily or the orchid.
1. Isaiah 64:8
- But now, O Lord, thou art our father: we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
2. Corruption of Pride
- Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou has corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness. I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
3. Exalt himself to be like God
- For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the earth. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
4. The proud are ensnared by Satan
1 Timothy 3:6
- Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1 John 2:16
- For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Saturn has been classified as an unclean spirit for he is full of sins like adultery, fornication, hatred, and strife, etc.
Rev 16:13, Luke 4:33, Mark 5:2
- The demon is called an unclean spirit.
Galatians 5:19-21, Eph 2:2,3
- Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife.
Envyings, murders, drunkness, revelling, and such like:
These evil acts come from the devil
Satan was a murderer from the very beginning and killed without compunction. A murderer does not care whom he kills. He gets satisfaction and thrills from his deeds and he rejoices when the victim feels pain or discomfit.
- 1. He as a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth in
him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a
liar, and the father of it .
1 Peter 5:8
- 2. He devours the children of God. "Be sober, be vigilant, because your
adversary the devil, as a roaring lion walketh about, seeking whom he
- Satan was ready to devour the Christ as soon as it was born.
- Masquerading as workers of miracles, the evil spirits instigate people to battle.
Satan is a deceiver and master of deception. There is no truth in him, and he is the father of lies, wickedness and evil beyond description. He can deceive the very elect of God, may appear as an angel and also performs miracles.
- 1. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
- 2. The devil was very cunning when he twisted the words of God in his conversation with Eve in the garden of Eden. Eve was deceived by his distortion of the truth (Genesis 3:4-5).
2 Cor 11:3
- 3. The serpent beguiled Eve through his subtility by twisting the words of God.
- 4 Satan used Ananias and Sapphira to lie to the Holy Ghost (Acts 5:1-3).
- 5 All dishonesty stems from the devil.
But let you communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsover is more than these cometh of evil.
E. SOURCE OF ALL SINS
Satan is without doubt the source of all sins and evil through deception, lies, pride and envy to deceive the people of God.
1. Acts 13:9-10
- Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
- And said, O full of all subtility and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord
2. James 3:14-16
- But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
- This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
- For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
3. 1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Hallelujah! Praise and thank God who sent His son Jesus Christ down to earth to show us the way to righteousness in order to defeat Satan, the son of darkness. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
GOD'S SABBATH OR MAN'S SABBATH
WHY DO CHRISTIANS CELEBRATE PAGAN CHRISTMAS? http://hubpages.com/hub/whychristianscelebratepaganchristmas
SUICIDE: THE RESULT? HEAVEN OR HELL http://hubpages.com/hub/suicideresultheavenorhell
CHRISTIANIZED PAGAN VALENTINE'S DAY http://hubpages.com/hub/christianizedpaganvalentine
ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED: WRONG http://hubpages.com/hub/oncesavedalwayssavedwrong
HALLOWEEN: A PAGAN RITE http://hubpages.com/hub/halloweenapaganrite
PRIDE GOETH BEFORE DESTRUCTION http://hubpages.com/hub/pridebeforedestruction
- Satan's Snares In The Mind
A snare is a cleverly hidden trap, usually meant for small animals caught in their own environment. An animal will be minding its own business doing what animals do, when suddenly the snare is sprung and...
- Satan's Last Stand - The Battle of Armageddon
Most of you know of the terrible defeat that Gen. George Custer experienced at the Little Bighorn. It was horrendous and brutal, but what I am going to describe next will make Gen. Custer's final battle look...
- Satan The Devil
BELIEF IN SATAN AS EVIL HUMAN NATURE From the time the age of enlightenment began much scepticism developed concerning the existence of Satan and the demons. Nowadays the subject is sometimes treated as...
© 2011 einron