Churches Falling Away - Spirit of Jezebel
Recognizing the Traits of Jezebel
We will cover more later in the article, but first understand this, Jezebel is a very real spiritual force that should not be taken lightly. This force finds it's way deep into the hearts of men and women, great and small. It's primary goal is to bring destruction, destroy life, and laugh in the face of God as though each person or entity it takes out is a trophy waving back at God and his angels. Below is a scripture taken from 2 Timothy chapter 3. This scripture in of itself shows the very description, the end results of what the Jezebel spirit will accomplish, should those aware of it's presence let it grow in strength. From this point forward consider Jezebel not as an individual but an institution from the kingdom of darkness.
2 Timothy 3 (KJV)
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Path of Destruction: Traits of the Kingdom of Darkness.
From 2 Timothy 3 a list is created as to what will happen in the last days in the hearts of humans. This scripture describes a breakdown in the body of Christ from a force that bends hearts towards self-preservation and living outside of the will of God.
- Lovers of their own selves
- Disobedient to parents
- Without Natural affection
- False accusers
- Despisers of those that are good
- Lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God
- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof
Nineteen traits of what to expect to happen in the end of times, however this article is about Jezebel, right? Earlier, I mentioned to consider Jezebel as an institution of the the kingdom of darkness for good reason. If I were to wrap all these traits up, it would fall under rebellion to God, doing as one would wish no matter the consequence or disobedience. This leads to the next scripture.
1 Samuel 15:23 & Revelation 1:6
1 Samuel 15:23
23For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
Here is a pivotal turning point for King Saul, his rebellion to the Lord was based out of self indulgence, resulting in disobedience. We could talk about the direct story of Ahab and Jezebel, but that was a direct story, remember we are talking about the institution of the kingdom of darkness, a Jezebel spirit. Now, here comes the punch:
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
So, because of Jesus' acts on earth, cross, grave, and the future, (body of Christ) we have been made kings and priests unto God. The forces of darkness has not changed over the millennia, so if it then destroyed kings and priests of earthly kingdoms by means of rebellion and disobedience, why not continue to bring down kings and priests of the realm of God?
Removing the Masks of Deception
The first order of Jezebel is to convince people, groups, churches, etc. to believe disobedience and rebellion is justifiable. This brings us to a word often over looked, compromise. This tactic hasn't changed since conception. It is much like a hook is to a fish, humans take the bait of self indulgence easily. Consider Adam and Eve as the wise serpent convinced eve first to eat the fruit. In my opinion this is where the Jezebel spirit entering the heart of man began. You see, Jezebel is nothing more, nothing less than just the sin nature active in mankind. The kingdom of darkness just uses it like a puppeteer is to it's puppets. At this point in this article, there are one of two items rolling in your mind.
You may be feeling used, played, angered, realizing that something has been driving your very life other than God himself. The other is begging the question of how do I get the ropes of Jezebel cut that are effecting my life, or surrounding environments? We will return to this later, hang on, please.
The Puppets of Jezebel
When God's children are being puppeteer-ed by Jezebel, they are often completely unaware because of the original compromise that may have gotten them there. We will not be listing every possible compromise in this article, however let's keep it covered as simply sin in place of living in obedience.
Here are some effects the Jezebel influence has on people or organizations.
- Pride and Unforgiving: One can never be wrong, one's way is the only way of accomplishing anything. This personality will often compartmentalize their environment to keep them the center of attention and not to the ones that keep their pedal stool actually standing. These types also find ways to boast in their accomplishments, use their accomplishments as leverage when they feel threatened in place of confidence. Religious looking on the outside with actions and a false sense of humility always follows the leverage of accomplishments.
- Does not fulfill promises or does not complete what is started: Once compromise is rooted in one's heart, following through with something that does not directly impact one's self image is often never done. This leaves those around them feeling angry and left down, this type of affect is best seen as one that changes "friends" frequently. This also leads to complacency and slothfulness under the guise of others doing the work, while they take the credit.
- Isolation: People or institutions will keep the real leaders/prophets from speaking to their followers/groups primarily because they cannot control the exposure that may happen when the truth is spoken. Truth sets people free, however Jezebel operates under the idea of controlling everything in their environment, so any outside variables cannot be tolerated unless that outside variable is like-minded.
- Gossip/Manipulation: Jezebel will play people against people. The end game is to bring destruction no matter how well it looks on the surface. Gossip and manipulation is often used to keep the main leader/group in the puppeteer role. If anyone were to start to question the environment, the main leader will not confront the person(s) directly. Instead, Jezebel will create a battlefield of a sort around the opposing truth. Jezebel's goal in the end is to make the truth feel like a lie, rid a person with guilt that they are in the wrong for doing the right thing. All to often this is where many fail and give up. Thus, Jezebel reattaches its strings and puts you back on the shelf with the rest of the fold.
- Witchcraft: This one is very tricky. Those that are directly influenced by Jezebel may actually "pray" for you. However these prayers often are vengeful and destructive because anyone who opposes Jezebel is going to be labeled as rebellious, even though in reality it is righteousness opposing Jezebel. It is like a house of smoke and mirrors, once these types of prayers go out, it isn't God who is hearing them, it is the kingdom of darkness. So when something happens as to what they were praying over you, they will say then, see you are in rebellion because our prayers have been answered. Anyone that prays curses over the children of God are a subject to the Jezebel spirit.
- Sexual/Infidelity: Jezebel as part of it's way to bring division and destruction once rooted in the hearts of individuals will cause adulterous and immoral thoughts, often leading to affairs, divorces, and leaders falling into sexual temptations. This is a topic all to itself that will not be discussed here, however there is a lot of info on the Internet that covers sexual immorality and Jezebel.
How to Topple a Jezebel Spirit
The absolute first thing anyone must do is visit the throne of God in prayer. We must first submit ourselves to God. Remember if we are free from Jezebel, it is not because of who we are, but because of the power given to us through Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Ghost. The following are subsequent to the prior.
- You are not alone: No matter how difficult the situation seems, you are not alone. All of Heaven is in your favor. Just keep your focus on where your power and freedom comes from lest you be entangled in the battle. God will give you the necessary weapons for the battle and reinforcements when it is time. While dealing with a Jezebel spirit, it will do anything to get you to surrender, give up, otherwise feel like you are worthlessly weak. (Reference: 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Know when to confront and when to wait: Confrontation is Jezebel's worst nightmare. If truth is brought forward (in love,) it's like turning on a sun in the dead of night. It exposes every work of darkness, giving it no time to run or hide. However, listen carefully to the Spirit of God on this matter. There are strategies that work better than others. We do not know every possible way things can turn out, so be ready to be a child of obedience, lest you fall to disobedience. (Reference: 2 Chronicles 20:15)
- Recognize/Discern: Not everything or everyone is under the influence of Jezebel. Some just naturally are like all the descriptions above. Let the Spirit of God reveal to you whom is who. No guessing allowed in this warfare, doing so will make you a component of unnecessary collateral damage. Jezebel can hide very well, even in plain sight it can infiltrate the highest leadership all the way down to the least likely expected, so praying for discernment is vital. (Reference: 1 Kings 3:9)
- Take Action: Combining knowledge of the situation with wisdom, let faith arise, follow the leading of the Holy Spirit voice/commands. If your eyes are open to see the effects or puppets of Jezebel, then God will equip you to eventually take action to help set the captives free with the battle plan that is needed for your particular situation. As a note, you are not against people but against dark principalities. Love the people, destroy the works of darkness, remember they are God's Children, deceived and in captivity. (Ephesians 6:10-24)
- Continue to pray, without ceasing, intercede: The opposite of the witchcraft mentioned earlier, pray blessings, pray for a way out for those involved, and if all seems void, even praying that God's judgment be involved is always a plus. God's ways are always better. (Reference: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
Remember Who You Are
The final battle against the institution of Jezebel is that it will try to get one be confused whom they are. If Jezebel cannot get you back into her ranks, they know that they will loose otherwise and have to leave. So the final battle before victory is for it to get you to believe you are something you are not. Deception will be at it's strongest at this point, almost hypnotic. No matter what happens, no matter the scars, cuts, or bruises, one must remember who they are. It is always darkest right before the rising sun. Victory is only a little over the horizon, and many will be set free because of one person/groups obedience!
12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
STOP Tolerating Jezebel Spirit - Robert Morris
© 2017 Ryan Hutzel