- Religion and Philosophy»
- Exploring Religious Options
Why did God cast out Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden
You have a Choice
Yesterday was a Sunday. I was teaching Sunday School in the church. In my class there are three children.
The subject was why God cast out Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden? There are few reasons. They are:
1. They disobeyed God: God told them to not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. They day you eat the fruit, you will die. But they did not obey his commandment. They stretched out their hand and took fruit form the tree and ate it.
2. They did not had faith in God's words: God told them to not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. They day you eat the fruit, you will die. But they did not believe God's words.
3. They Listen the Satan and believed his words: Satan came to them and told that they would not die. And told them that they would be like God.
4. They should not eat the fruit of the tree of Life and live for ever: The one of the other reason for casting out Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden was that they should not eat from the tree of life and live for ever. Just like the Lucifer and do evil for ever. We know how difficult for us to live this sorrowful life for 80 to 100 years of our life.
5. Lastly God made a plan to redeem the mankind and give him the paradise back. This is for those who willingly choose to follow God and his plan of redemption through Jesus Christ. Rev. 2:7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God." God is not denied the fruit of the Tree of Life. He will give it to those who overcome the Satan and his desires. Those who choose to follow God.
Let us see what the last book of Bible tells us about the Tree of Life:
down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
Mosses after bringing the Israelites to the promised land and told them. (Deuteronomy 30:19) This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live. Here Moses gives Israelites a choice to choose from.
Joshua also put forward a choice to choose from for the Israelites.
Now we also have a choice before us. Trusting in the words of God and obey him or not believe in him. If you trust and obey God and his redemption plan through Jesus, you will have a share in the Tree of Life.
Now the choice is yours. Trust God and his resumption or deny it. If you deny it, you are denying the paradise for yourself forever. Choice is yours. What do you want to chose?
Satan will ask you some questions just like he asked to Eve to doubt the God's plan. "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"
Satan will ask you the question, Did really Jesus died on the cross for your sin? or The faith in Jesus death will forgive all your sins? Doubting questions. I had same doubts in my life. Should I believe or not? Jesus told Thomas
Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
Yes, blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.