10 Signs You Are Taking Golf Too Seriously
I have to preface with one simple fact: I am a terrible golfer. Sure, there was a time when I wasn’t as bad, but it took a good deal of practice to play at a level just above crappy. Like
many uber-competitive, middle-aged former athletes, I think I was taking the game too seriously, which eventually led to frustration. I don’t know about you, but I prefer to have some fun when I can break away from yard work, picking up dog poop, or any of life’s time vampires. The key to having a good time on the course is the ability to recognize the signs that you might just be taking this silly game a bit too seriously. If any of the following sound familiar, see your bartender immediately.
1) Have ever cursed or used the phrase “Rat Farts”……on the practice green.
2) Start putting your clubs in your car while there is still snow on the ground.
3) Have actively engaged in an argument over the use of belly putters.
4) Cried when you found out Tiger was not playing in the Masters.
5) Think knickers are cool.
6) Have mistaken the kid who picks up range balls as your own.
7) Actually understand what the hell Michael Breed is talking about.
8) Think it is a good idea that your wife should take up golf.
9) Downloaded a pdf of “The Rules of Golf” on your iPhone.
10) While channel surfing late at night, you settled on a Champion’s Tour replay from 1994 over soft porn on HBO.