- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports
10 Things You Didn't Know About Lionel Messi
Barcelona star and perhaps the best player of all time Lionel Andrés Messi is only 28. We leave 10 Secrets You Did not Know about Messi.
1. Rumor has it that his parents named him as Lionel thanks to American singer Lionel Richie.
2. The first team of "Flea" was Newell's Old Boys at 5 years old.
3. Messi continues every match Newell's Old Boys, his favorite Argentine football team.
4. Already in Barcelona and only 13 years old Carlos Raxach offered his first contract signed on a napkin.
5. According to the site Ask4sports.com speed can reach Messi the ball is 9.38 meters per second, this record puts him among the best runners in the world (in 1996 Michael Johnson managed 10 meters per second to be the most quick in testing the 200 meters).
6. A Lionel loves to sleep, it is said that can sleep up to 11 in the morning and afternoon naps. Juan Sebastián "Witch" Veron, mate Messi in Argentina team for many years ensures that Messi is always sleeping, including sleep when Messi says finds no better thing to do.
7. The childhood idol Messi was another Argentine player, Pablo Caesar "Clown" Aimar.
8. Doctors at Newell's Old Boys subjected him to treatment of growth hormone not only to play but to live, the body of "Leo" not produced, such treatment was very expensive about $ 1,500 a month, the team Newell's refused to continue paying it was when Messi emigrated to Barcelona and could start his brilliant career.
9. Messi always remember the most important person in his childhood, his beloved grandmother, and although she could not see him fulfill his dreams as a player, every time the Argentine scores raises his hands to the sky to dedicate his goals, she it was he who urged him to fight to become a professional footballer.
10. Messi is without doubt one of the greatest players in history, to mention some of his singles titles: the top winner of the Golden Ball 4, is the top scorer in the history of the Spanish league, top scorer in the UEFA Champions League, among many others.