100 Ways to Have Fun in the Summer
1. Chill in a hammock. Reading is optional. Naps are essential.
2. Start a book club.
3. Take scuba diving lessons.
4. Host a block party.
5. Go camping in the mountains or pitch a tent in your backyard.
6. Go jogging. Then jump in a pool with your clothes on.
7. Have an epic water gun/water balloon battle.
8. Catch up on your favorite TV shows.
9. Try out new recipes: smoothies, appetizers, salads, and other mouth-watering treats.
10. Shop at an outlet mall on a gorgeous sunny day.
11. Watch a summer movie.
12. Water sports: surfing, body surfing, wind surfing, knee boarding, and water skiing
13. Grill hot dogs, hamburgers, or chicken.
14. Spend the day at a theme park.
15. Go to an art or history museum.
16. Build a tree house.
17. Take books to read at a picnic in the park.
18. Paint your own pottery at a studio/store.
19. Visit a scenic waterfall.
20. Shop at a local farmer's market.
21. Go to a large, air-conditioned mall.
22. See a movie at the drive-in theater.
23. Watch a play or musical.
24. Travel to an arts and crafts festival.
25. Go bowling.
26. Sample some mouthwatering watermelon.
27. Create a masterpiece with sidewalk chalk.
28. Get a head to toe makeover.
29. Play mini golf.
30. Go on a cruise.
31. Drive to the nearest foreign country.
32. Catch fireflies in a jar.
33. Pick fruit on a farm.
34. Buy treats from an ice cream truck.
35. Chat with your friends on a porch swing.
36. Go to an outdoor concert.
37. Pick flowers and make your own bouquet.
38. Lie on the grass and gaze at the stars.
39. Go bike riding and explore new paths.
40. Play a game of tennis.
41. Have a game of Frisbee.
42. Kick a hacky sack around.
43. Have an impulsive road trip.
44. Play 18 holes of golf.
45. Collect seashells at the beach.
46. Go to a sports event.
47. Visit a skate park or ice skating rink.
48. Make your own music video.
49. Have a tropical themed party.
50. Go to a spa to get pampered.
51. Spend a whole day at a water park.
52. Visit tourist attractions in your city.
53. Cut off some old jeans into shorts.
54. Carry a water gun everywhere to use at opportune moments.
55. Wash your car and then catch someone off guard with the water hose.
56. Blast music in your car with the windows rolled down.
57. Take a dancing class.
58. Go to a music festival.
59. Volunteer for a charity.
60. Have a garage sale.
61. Start a blog.
62. Make a summer hit playlist.
63. Visit far-away relatives.
64. Fly to a spectacular location for the weekend.
65. Share your hobby with a child.
66. Play a pick up game of baseball, kick ball, or basketball.
67. Surprise someone with breakfast in bed.
68. Sing karaoke with friends.
69. Go to a national park.
70. Visit a park.
71. Have a photo shoot with your friends.
72. Host a barbecue.
73. Skip rocks on a lake.
74. Watch stunning sunsets.
75. Go canoeing.
76. Start a garden.
77. Get out the Slip and Slide.
78. Make homemade ice cream.
79. Eat cold food, such as salads, popsicles, snow cones, etc.
80. Have a Disney movie marathon.
81. Go horseback riding.
82. Get a new pet.
83. Run through the sprinkler.
84. Send a letter or card to a friend.
85. Choreograph a dance to your favorite song.
86. Begin learning a new language.
87. Race someone in the pool and do tricks off the diving board.
88. Jump on a trampoline.
89. Watch the sun rise.
90. Try a new restaurant.
91. Carve your initials in a tree.
92. Write a message in a bottle and throw it into the ocean.
93. Go to an aquarium.
94. Learn how to sew or crochet.
95. Paint pictures to give away as gifts.
96. Have a bonfire.
97. Go to a Renaissance fair.
98. Make S'mores.
99. Host a 4th of July party.
100. Write a list of things you want to do before summer is over.