15 Top Matchups for College Football (Week 14)
Upcoming Matchups of the Week 14
It down to the end of the college football season. Conference championship are fixin to be claimed. The SEC, ACC, Big 12, CUSA and MAC will all stage the conference championship games to claim a champion. The Pac 10, Big Ten, Big East, Mt West and WAC don't have a conference title but they still have to play some games as Oregon has already won the Pac 10 but has to beat rival Oregon State to get to the national title game. Connecticut has a chance to win the Big East at South Florida. There is a lot on the line this weekend and here are the top 15 matchups for college football week 14.
Impact College Football Players
15 Must See College Football Matchups for Week 14
1) Auburn (12-0) vs South Carolina (9-3) - SEC Championship Game (Atlanta, GA) - This is not your traditional SEC title matchup but the Tigers will be making there fourth appearance in this game. But this will be South Carolina's first trip to Atlanta. These two teams met earlier in week 4 with Auburn winning 35-27 in Jordan Hare after trailing much of the game. Now they meet again with both teams coming off victories over there in state rivals. Auburn coming from behind in the second halft to beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa and South Carolina with a convincing win on the road against Clemson. A win would put Auburn in the national title game in Glendale, AZ. But the Gamecocks will be looking to avenge there early season lost to Auburn.
2) Oklahoma (10-2) vs Nebraska (10-2) - Big 12 Championship Game (Arlington, TX) - This will be Nebraska's last year in the Big 12 conference as they will be moving to the Big Ten next year. How fitting is it that they will have to face there long time rival Oklahoma. The Sooners are coming off beating there in state rival Oklahoma State to make it into the Big 12 title. Nebraska will be looking to make its first bcs bowl birth since 2001 when they actually did even play in the Big 12 title game but were able to play in the bcs national title game against Miami,Fl in the Rose Bowl where they were blown out 32-14. The Sooners will be looking for there fourth Big 12 title in the past 5 seasons winning in '06, '07 & '08.
3) Oregon (11-0) at Oregon State (5-6) - This in state rivalry game is known as the "Civil War", so it is pretty serious I would say. Oregon having already clinch the Pac 10 with a win over Arizona last Friday now looks to beat its in state rival Oregon State to get into the national title game. The Beavers will be looking to get back on track against there hated rivals as they were shutout last week against Stanford on the road 38-0. Last time these two teams met in Corvallis and with a chance to win a share of the Pac 10 title and a spot in the Rose Bowl Oregon beat Oregon State 65-38 to dash the hopes of there hated in state rivals.
4) Virginia Tech (10-2) vs Florida State (9-3) - ACC Championship Game (Charlotte, NC) - Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher get the Noles to the ACC title game in his first year and Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer has won 10 straight after dropping there first two games going undefeated in conference play. The Noles have Virginia Tech number having beaten them 7 out of there last 8 meetings including a 2005 ACC title game where Virginia Tech came into the game (10-2) but lost to a five loss Florida State team 27-22.
5) Nevada (11-1) at Louisiana Tech (5-6) - Nevada took a huge step in the right direction when they beat top ranked Boise State last week in overtime 34-31. Now if they want at least a share of the WAC title they must win this game and hope that Boise State wins to force a three way tie between Nevada, Boise State and Hawaii. Louisiana Tech will be looking for the upset and get bowl eligible.
6) Utah State (4-7) at Boise State (10-1) - The Broncos suffered a hard breaking loss by the hands of Nevada last week. But can still claim a share of the WAC title and can win if Nevada falls to Louisiana Tech and a Bronco win.
7) Connecticut (7-4) at South Florida (7-4) - The Huskie can win the Big East with a win over South Florida in Tampa. The Big East conference has caught a lot of criticism for being the weakest bcs conference of all the bcs conferences' this year by not having any ranked teams in the top 25. But this can be a huge accomplishment for the Connecticut football program with win. But the Bulls should be ready after beating Miami,Fl last week in Miami in overtime 23-20.
8) Rutgers (4-7) at West Virginia (8-3) - If South Florida beats Connecticut, West Virginia with a win will win the Big East title. So the Mountaineers only can control what it can control and that is beat lowly Rutgers squad in Morgantown.
9) Pittsburgh (6-5) at Cincinnati (4-7) - The Panthers can still win the Big East if West Virginia and Connecticut both lose. Pitt would have to beat Cincinnati on the road to become the Big East champions. Last year Pitt squandered a 31-10 lead to Cincinnati before losing to the Bearcats 45-44.
10) SMU (7-5) vs Central Florida (9-3) - CUSA Championship Game (Orlando, FL) - Central Florida have won 7 out of its last 8 games going into this conference title game. SMU will be making it first trip to the CUSA conference championship game.
Here are five other matchups that round up week 14 of college football.
11) (Fri.) Northern Illinois (10-2) vs Miami(OH) (8-4) - MAC Championship Game (Detroit, MI)
12) (Thurs.) Arizona State (5-6) at Arizona (7-4)
13) USC (7-5) at UCLA (4-7)
14) Illinois (6-5) at Fresno State (7-4)
15) Middle Tennessee (5-6) at Florida Int'l (6-5)