21 of the Most Meaningful College Football Matchups for Week 11
Impact Players for Week 11 (Offensive Players)
21 Top Matchups for Week 11
1. South Carolina (6-3) at Florida (6-3) - It is simple the winner of this game wins the SEC East which has been down this year. The winner will get a chance to play spoiler in the SEC Championship Game. Both teams still will have to face there in state rivals as South Carolina will travel to Clemson on Nov. 27 and Florida has to face Florida State on the road as well on Nov. 27.
2. Miss. State (7-2) at Alabama (7-2) - This is a huge game for both teams as both are still in SEC West title contention. The winner of this game will still have shot a SEC West title but will need some help, the loser will pretty much be out of SEC West race and will just have to wait on a bowl birth.
3. Georgia (5-5) at Auburn (10-0) - This has been a magical season for Auburn so far on the other hand it has been a very disappointing year for Georgia. But the Bulldogs will be looking to play spoiler and try to get bowl eligible with two games remaining. The Tigers will be looking to win the SEC West for the first time since 2004 (when they went 13-0) with a win.
4. Virginia Tech (7-2) at North Carolina (6-3) - The Tarheels pick up a big victory last week over Florida State 37-35 to keep them in the ACC Coastal Division race. Now the will host Virginia Tech winners of seven in a row and is undefeated in conference play.
5. Kanasa State (6-3) at Missouri (7-2) - These two teams still have Big 12 North dreams. Missouri will really need this game after losing two in a row including last week's upset to Texas Tech in Lubbock 24-17. As Kansas State can push up to second place with victory over Missouri in the Big 12 North.
6. USC (6-3) at Arizona (7-2) - The Wildcats will look to get back on track after there loss to Stanford last week 42-17 on the road. Now are in a must win situation if they want to stay in Pac 10 contention. The Trojans are coming off an emotional one-point victory over Arizona State 34-33 at home last week.
7. Oregon (9-0 at California (5-4) - All for California losses have come on the road this year as they are undefeated at home so far. The Ducks will be looking stay in first place in the Pac 10 and a possible national championship title birth. This may be a touch matchup for Oregon as Cal plays very well at home.
8. Clemson (5-4) at Florida State (6-3) - Clemson's victory over NC State last week was huge as it keeps them with hope of a ACC Atlantic Division title. Florida State is now in a must win position if they want to win the ACC Atlantic Division. But the Noles will need NC State to lose another game to win the ACC Atlantic.
9. Penn State (6-3) at Ohio State (8-1) - The Buckeyes control there on destiny but will need Wisconsin to lose a game to win the Big Ten outright. Penn State will be looking for the upset as they are coming off a impressive victory over Northwestern 35-21 last week after being down 21-0.
10. Iowa (7-2) at Northwestern (6-3) - The Hawkeyes are still in Big Ten title contention although they had a close call last week on the road against Indiana winning 18-13. Northwestern has dropped 3 of there last 4 games after starting the season 5-0.
11. Texas Tech (5-4) at Oklahoma (7-2) - The Red Raiders upset of Missouri put them back in the Big 12 South race. But will be facing an Oklahoma team that is coming off a convincing loss to Texas A&M in College Station last week 33-19. If the Sooners still have Big 12 South title hopes they will need to win this game.
12. Texas A&M (6-3 at Baylor (7-3) - The Aggies can move into second place in the Big 12 South with a victory and will have the tie breaker over Oklahoma if it come down to those two teams. Baylor will be looking to get back in contention as well as they loss to Oklahoma State last week 55-28.
13. Miami,Fl (6-3) at Georgia Tech (5-4) - If the Canes want to get to the ACC Title Game they must win this one. But shouldn't be easy as they will have go on the road to face Georgia Tech coming off a heart breaking loss to Virginia Tech 28-21 last Thursday.
14. (Thurs.) Pittsburgh (5-3) at Connecticut (4-4) - The Panthers are 3-0 in Big East conference play so far and look to continue ther winning ways. But will have tough test on the road going to Connecticut which upset West Virginia last week on Friday with 16-13 victory in overtime.
15. South Florida (5-3) at Louisville (5-4) - Louisville's win over Syracuse was big as th Cardinals are very much in Big East contention as well as South Florida who are coming off a one point victory over Rutgers last week on Wednesday.
16. Tulsa (6-3) at Houston (5-4) - The winner of this game will be in the lead for the CUSA West title. The loser will need some help and will be pretty much out of contention.
17. Nevada (8-1) at Fresno State (6-2) - Huge WAC contest between these two teams as they are still in the WAC title hunt. The winner will put themselves in position to win a WAC title. But both teams still will have to face Boise State.
18. Southern Miss (6-3) at Central Florida (7-2) - The Golden Knights are undefeated in conference play with the two losses coming from a seven point loss to NC State and four point loss to Kansas State. The Golden Eagles must win this game if they want to stay in the CUSA East race.
19. Utah (8-1) at Notre Dame (4-5) - The Utes are coming off getting embarrassed at home last week to TCU 47-7 and now have to go on the road to South Bend. The Fightin Irish will looking for the upset and looking to get bowl eligible with three games remaining including this one.
20. (Tues.) Toledo (6-3) at Northern Illinois (7-2) - These two teams are undefeated in MAC conference play and will be looking see who will be in first place in the MAC West division.
21. Florida International (3-5) at Troy (5-3) - A battle for first place in the Sun Belt conference and basically a bowl birth.